Friday, 10 April 2009

Nuddy-Pants?

I know you're all dying to know why I titled my blog Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants so here’s the story:

When I first started this blog I wanted to create something that was about losing weight while enjoying the foods I love but Alyssa Eats Real Food probably wouldn’t have flown with Kath. I decided to think about things that made me happy and immediately thought of one of my favourite childhood books by Louise Rennison named Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants.

Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants is the 4th in a series of books about a character named Georgia who is going through the trials and tribulations of being a teenager. She is everything that I think all of us are at one time or another: Funny, Loving, Daring, Curious, Shy, Crazy and all sorts of other things.

In honour of this hilarious book, the heroine and the funky and creative title I’ve named my blog: Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants.

But what are Nuddy-Pants?

According to the website:

Nuddy-Pants
Quite literally nude-colored pants, and you know what nude-colored pants are? They are no pants. So if you are in your nuddy-pants you are in your no pants, i.e., you are naked.

To be quite honest I picked the name because I liked the sound of it and then I realized that it had a "way funner" meaning to me in terms of my weight loss and healthy lifestyle journey:

When I first started, I had hoped to be so proud of my body one day that I would have no problem Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants (If I actually wanted to... I’m not that adventurous)! I can say that there has been a lot of dancing along the way and I certainly am proud of my body but there will be no flailing of the wobbly bits... ever?

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the name of your blog! It is amazing. It seems like a celebration of who you really are, not simply who you want to be.