I did the 5k MS Walk! I wish I could've gone faster... I wasn't trying to race but a steady walking pace would have been nice. The crowd was far too large to move any quicker than a snail's pace. We still managed to finish in under an hour which is good. P.s. Sunday morning = FREEZING!
So after the walk was finished there was food... ya... sausages, pizza, chips, cookies and pop! *Rolls eyes* I was so unimpressed but I was also kind of excited. I prepped myself in advance by carrying low point treats and having a point friendly breakfast but I did have... 1 sausage, a half bag of all dressed chips, 1 can of grape crush (I haven't had it in forever and it made me feel like I was 6 all over again). All within my points.
The day was good, I went home, cleaned a little and then took a much needed nap!
My parents and brother were at a tournament all weekend so when my mum got in yesterday she hardly felt like cooking... insert the unplanned trip to East Side Marios! Good thing DBF brought sushi on Saturday so I had all of my flexies to use for a nice dinner out.
So I had lots and lots of Salad... which I knew the whole time was more calories than my salad. I love their garden salad. I then had a few peices of Calamari Fritti... nothing fancy but I enjoyed them. I had a few peices of the garlic home loaf... so warm and yummy! For my actual meal I had the Lifestyle Seafood Linguine. I love their Lifestyle menu because the portions are perfect. My pasta fit in the little bowl and was just enough for me. My mum got the normal size pasta and it was so huge she had to take it home. My brother decided he wanted this chocolate cake they had... UM pretty sure it was just a block of chocolate and no cake... it was so decadent. I can taste it now. I had a few bites of that and that was the end of my night.
Sorta...
So when all the food settled I started getting this feeling in the pit of my stomach... fullness... no... bloatedness... no... pain... no... guilt... YES. I felt terrible that I had used that many weekly points on that dinner. That's what they were made for to enjoy so why did I feel so bad? I can't avoid restaurants for the rest of my life and I didn't go crazy... I ate enough and was quite happy about my choices. So I spent the whole night complaing to DBF about how terrible I was and how I threw my whole week down the drain.
Then...
I realized... hey lets switch the points over to calories and see what the outcome is... eating all those WP only adds 250ish cal to my daily intake if split up over the week. That's not terrible. Then I planned to go to the gym below my office and take advantage of the classes... that would burn a few hundred calories no? So I learned that I have to cut myself some slack. I am a far cry from the girl I used to be who would eat out a few times a week. I am healthier, fitter and stronger!
Stay tuned for Monday's update.
Thanks for Reading!
xoxo
Allie
Greenacres Garden Centre Borough Green
4 years ago








No comments:
Post a Comment