Sunday, 14 June 2009

Project Oatmeal

I tried to like it, I really did... but no cigar. It's just not my kind of breakfast and that's okay.

Again, the only thing I liked about it was the fact that it filled me up and I only ate about a third of what you see here.

At first when I tried to figure out what I didn't like about it I came to the immediate conclusion that I just don't like sweet breakfasts... I'm more of a savoury girl. I then realized that didn't make any sense since I just inhaled waffles and fruit for breakfast yesterday! LOL

Whatever the reason, I don't like oatmeal. It's just not happening. It was fun to make and to look at but eating it was not so fun! I wasn't enjoying it and I was full anyway so I stopped.



So what's in my oatmeal?
  • 1/3 Cup of Oats
  • 1/3 Cup Water
  • 1/3 Cup 1% Milk
  • 1/2 Banana
*Mix Mix Mix*

I topped it with:
  • 1/4 Cup Almond Flax Kashi
  • 1 tbsp Almond Butter
Ya I don't know... it sounds good and it was okay... in all honesty it was the best oatmeal I've had yet but it just wasn't for me. I can't force myself to eat things that I don't like just because they're good for me.

Thanks for reading.

xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u know...there are other ways to improve the flavour of oatmeal ;) one way comes to mind: doing it stovetop and adding frozen yogurt..gives it a great flavour and thick consistency! :) maybe next time haha

Allie said...

I made it over the stove top and it was pretty thick. I don't know if it was the texture so much as it was the flavour? Ugh I'm not sure what it was that's the problem so I don't know how to fix it.

I like the idea of frozen yogurt though. There are two giant bags of oats in my house so there probably will be a sequel to project oatmeal. We'll see!