Tuesday, 7 July 2009

Booty Booty Booty Booty Rockin' Everywhere!

I'm alive!

I just completed my first boot camp session with Booty Camp Fitness. I'm not going to use the word easy but it was surprisingly low impact. There were a lot of squats and lunges which many other bloggers have mentioned, some "kickboxing" moves and some ab work.

I'm thinking it may start to pick up a bit in the coming sessions as today was more of an introductory class. There were ladies of all ages, fitness levels and strengths. I can see how it's hard to conduct a class when you have to cater to every one's levels.

My strengths:
The kickboxing section - I've done a lot of Tae Bo and a few kickboxing classes at Premier Fitness (remember High Impact Kicking?).

Squats and Lunges - I think I was one of the only people who actually got down into them. I've been working hard on my lower body since I'm a pear shape so these things came relatively easy to me.

Things that need work:
PUSH UPS - Wow I have a long way to go with these. My arm strength has actually dwindled because in my quest to slim down my lower half I completely neglected my arms and as such I'm actually rather weak up top.

Plank - Okay 45 seconds is doable but hard... but the extra 15 seconds added to the second plank was just not happening. I will work on getting better at this. By the end I'll surpass a minute no problem... hopefully.

Overall
I was expecting to die but I found it pretty okay. My arms will be sore tomorrow but I think that's about it. I liked being outside and exercising. It was cool outside but the sun peaked out about half way through. I'm looking forward to Thursday and seeing what's in store for me then.

On to the eats!

Breakfast: 2 High Fibre Waffles + 1/2 Banana Melted (I smushed it after) + 1 tbsp Maple Syrup + 1 Cup Skim Milk


Lunch: Lox, Cucumber, Lettuce and Tzatziki on a Flat Burger Bun + 2 Points worth of Jalapenitos Chips + Sliced Cucumber + Handful of Cherry Tomatoes.

This lunch was fantastic it was the perfect combination of flavours. I love smoked salmon so it's always a nice treat for me to have.

I wasn't sure how to go about dinner today since boot camp was right smack after I would normally have dinner so earlier on in the day I decided on some Kashi + Milk + Banana + Peanut Butter. It was a nice sweet snack/dinner.

After boot camp I had some pineapple that I brought with me. I'm still a little hungry but I don't usually eat late at night... my tummy doesn't handle it well. I should be going to bed anyway.

That's all for tonight.

Thanks for reading.

xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhh my first class was definitely NOT low impact lol

It involved all of what you described plus no rests inbetween..all sprints!! I can't even count how many sprints around the park we did..I honestly thought I was gonna puke lol
:} I noticed alot of people only worried about speed..(squats lunges and stuff) instead of form..So I of course took my sweet old time to make sure I was doing them right :P

Looking forward to Thursday?? lol