WARNING: This post is lengthy... feel free to scroll through all of the wonderful pics!
OUF (Ontario Universities' Fair) was absolutely insane. I was on my feet at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre from 7:30 (give or take) each morning until 5 or 6:00 each night.
Friday was a total bust... I was so busy and didn't have much time for myself. The result... I had 1 small green apple all day to sustain me. So much for not depriving myself of food. Dinner was lovely... I met a few lovely WW ladies at Camros for dinner. I highly recommend it... healthy, organic and flavourful. It was right up my alley.
The other few days were a bit better. I brought down some yogurt from home so I stashed it in my mini bar at the hotel for Saturday morning breakfast. I did treat myself to street meat on Saturday for lunch... When in Toronto right? Saturday we had a staff dinner at Alice Fazooli's. I haven't been there in a while so I forgot how much I love the place. We have discussed my love for pizza many times here but Alice Fazooli's has some of the best pizza I've ever had. I chose my favourite:
Quottro Stagianno (4 Seasons)
Prosciutto cotto, mushrooms, grilled eggplant, goat cheese, sopressata (a fine Italian salami), mozzarella, fontina, grana padano, tomato sauce
Ya it was A-MAZING! I couldn't finish it all though... I brought the rest back to the hotel for Greg.
Did I mention I LOVE food?
When I got home on Sunday night I found a package on my bed. I've always dreamed of receiving a package that I had no clue about. I got two cookbooks to review so look for that in the coming weeks. One of them uses a ton of Splenda in every recipe so I'm already not digging that but the other is SO ME!
Today, I spent the day down on the Lakeshore... The first school I visited was in Toronto and the other was in Mississauga. I had a 2 hour break between schools so I decided to roam around the town of Port Credit. Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon PLANET ORGANIC. I had no clue there was a location this close.
I picked up random things. I wanted to pick up more fresh stuff but I knew it'd be sitting in my car for a while and I didn't want it to spoil.
I've already dug into these and so far they are fantastic. These aren't something I particularly needed but the display combined with the 2 for whatever deal got me.
Yes I did get 2. I just had 2 of these tortilla chip thingys and I wasn't a big fan of this flavour but the Sweet Potato rocks.
After having a delicious Quinoa Salad at Camros I decided to pick one up for lunch today.

I'm also planning on having some for dinner tonight tonight with the 1 lentil cake and 1 salmon cake I picked up in the prepared section.
I haven't had these little guys in a while so I picked a few up and stuck them in the car for those moments when I don't have time to eat between schools.
I haven't tried any of these flavours yet so I'm really excited. Is it me or are they getting a bit smaller? When I first picked them up I thought "Oh they're mini versions of Larabar... how useful" Then I looked at the nutritional information and saw that it was the same as always so I'm guessing the size is the same. I don't know I'm losing my mind. It's been a long week. I realize it's only Tuesday but I've been going since last Monday so this is the longest week of my life.
Anyway, I also picked up some Coconut Water.
You'll remember that I got some of this when I took my trip to Whole Foods but sadly I left one of them behind in the hotel room. Some lucky duck got free coconut water.
You've also seen this lovely drink before but I love it. I try not to drink a lot of juice but this is my one weakness. It's fantastic.
After having a delicious Quinoa Salad at Camros I decided to pick one up for lunch today.
I'm also planning on having some for dinner tonight tonight with the 1 lentil cake and 1 salmon cake I picked up in the prepared section.
I haven't had these little guys in a while so I picked a few up and stuck them in the car for those moments when I don't have time to eat between schools.
Anyway, I also picked up some Coconut Water.
You've also seen this lovely drink before but I love it. I try not to drink a lot of juice but this is my one weakness. It's fantastic.
I FINALLY picked up some Agave nectar. I've been debating for some time about whether or not to purchase some and I finally caved. I'm going to give this a go in my tea tonight. Plus, some of the recipes in Vegan Soul Kitchen require Agave. Don't forget to enter the contest to win a free copy!
I got the light variety... I wasn't sure which one to get since there were so many brands. I've seen this one floating around a few blogs so I chose from familiarity.
I am a huge sucker for trying things mentioned on blogs even though I've been let down a few times. I am hoping for success with Puffins. They seem so interesting and they're peanut butter flavoured so I'm thinking that you really can't go wrong.
I am a huge sucker for trying things mentioned on blogs even though I've been let down a few times. I am hoping for success with Puffins. They seem so interesting and they're peanut butter flavoured so I'm thinking that you really can't go wrong.









4 comments:
I hit up Planet Organic this past weekend too :) I didn't realize that there were THREE in the GTA :) I want to hit up Whole Foods this weekend :)
I got some of the Peanut Butter Puffins, I think they're great! I also like their Cinnamon ones :)
Happy Eating!!
hiya! welcome back :) EeEEk I have to find me a planet organic. All of that stuff is AMAZING. I am especially loving that coconut water at this very moment! I got like 6 at whole foods and so so so delish.. :) Also love larabars. Yummy!
LOL you're so cute about the packages, I love that feeling too!
Great haul at the organic place...I'm going to have to check one out!
That all looks so yummy, omg.
LOVE LARABARS!
♥
Post a Comment