Saturday, 10 October 2009

... And she's off

Yep, you guessed it... I'm leaving again. Monday night I'm off to tour Western Ontario with the University Information Program. The 21 Universities from across Ontario will be visiting high schools to provide them with information about post secondary education.

I'm already spent just thinking about it.

I've had a pretty good week and been to some amazing schools. This week I went back to my old self and packed lunches or had something ready when I got home. I noticed a big difference in the way I felt immediately.

I said to hell with it and put my treadmill down since I figured there were just minor things to take care of down there. It felt so good to get back to some serious exercise.


I should've taken one when I first stepped off the treadmill. I look like I'm just glowing but I was dripping.

This week was filled with 0 point soup. I needed something to warm me up since the weather is getting colder and colder.


...with crackers and then another day I had a FEAST... soup, cucumber and tomato salad, and crab salad sandwich (open faced style).


I also made sure to have some healthy snacks. I was starting to get carried away on the road.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that apples are in season right now. Thank you Canada. I've been having the best apples ever lately.


I started this week off with an old friend (notice how I count my weeks in terms of when my points reset?) Yummy Yummy Green Monster. I used a banana that was overripe, strawberry soy milk, ground flax, 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter and some ice. The result = SWEET... it was like candy it was so sweet. I almost couldn't handle it. I felt like I dumped a load of sugar into my Green Monster. It was good but I should've added more ice to cut the sweetness of the banana and soy milk.


This weekend is going to be a busy one. Happy Thanksgiving Weekend to all of the Canadians out there!

I know we're having a little Thanksgiving potluck shindig here on Sunday so that'll be interesting. Tonight I have my cousin's housewarming and then Monday I leave. I really need some down time. I'm starting to feel myself get overwhelmed.

Cross your fingers for me this week.

I'll be home late Thursday night.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your Thanksgiving and have a great week away.