Monday, 19 October 2009

Did I Ever Tell You Guys...

how much I love being at home?

I love my job but I officially dislike traveling. I am a creature of habit and thoroughly enjoy the predictability of home life. My body is already thanking me for giving it the proper fuel needed to survive.

Yesterday I started off the day with a bowl of Muselix, 1 tiny orange and a vitamin for good measure.


I missed being able to have breakfast. It seems so simple but on the road breakfast is the hardest meal to sneak in especially when schools want to provide it to you. Bless their hearts for trying but mini croissants, pastry's and coffee just aren't my idea of breakfast. As Liaison Officers we're told to at least have something so we don't seem ungrateful. This lovely cold breakfast was everything I wanted and more.

Greg and I got tickets for a Raptor's pre-season game which was a neat way to spend a Sunday! I think I annoyed Greg with all of my talking throughout the game but I was kind of bored and felt like I was at a clown show. From an athlete's perspective there was such a lack of focus and it was annoying to watch sloppy basketball. More than anything I was amused at how incredibly tall they all were. I wanted to go stand next to one of them just to see the comparison.

Like a good girl I budgeted my points accordingly and had enough money for a few treats at the game. I wanted to find something relatively points friendly and I knew chicken fingers and fries weren't going to do it so I got food from Mr. Greek. You can never go wrong with chicken souvlaki!

There was also wine + chips involved. All of my choices were well within my points. I can and will have it all!

This morning I had a school at 8:00 a.m. about 45 minutes west of me. Oh dear it was a early morning!

I don't know how I made it out the door but I did and managed to get to the school early. I was finished at my first school by 8:30 a.m. and had two and a half hours until I had to be at my next school which was 5 minutes away. I found a Fortino's and picked up a few packaged smoothies to take with me the rest of the week. Oh, if anyone lives in or near Burlington the Fortino's on New St. is getting Peanut Butter and Jelly Larabars in tomorrow!

Afterward, I sat in the parking lot and read the new shape magazine and nibbled away on my fruits.

For some reason I've been craving subway for a few days so I decided to grab myself and sub and enjoy it with a bit of soup.

I changed it up today and got a Subway Club which was delightful! I packed it with lots of veggies... it was everything I'd dreamed it would be! ha ha


The rest of my day is going to be spent organizing my life and completing some of the supplementary applications for the B.Ed programs I'm applying to. Wish me luck! I know this is what I was meant to do.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allie...good luck! Teaching is really fun...the politics part...not so much, but the kids are great.

You've done really well on the road, but I can see why you want to be home. I don't think its really fair that they expect you to have some of that food....although its a nice gesture, but still.

Anonymous said...

good luckkk hunnie. I agree with the above comment about teaching.

Your veggie sub sounds delish ;)) And I am so jeals you could find the new shape! I haven't been able to! And pb and jelly bars! I need to get my bum to burlington just for those lol