Monday, 5 October 2009

I've been searching...

all night for my camera cord so that I could upload some pictures and get 'ta bloggin'. Yeesh! It was buried by the side of the house computer hutch.

In any case I've totally picked it back up since I noted my short comings on Saturday. I had a fantastic weekend and I started off today by doing something I normally do but haven't in the past couple of weeks: I packed a lunch.


Yum! A lovely crab salad sandwich, grapes and an apple. De-lightful!

I ALSO made a full breakfast this morning before I headed off to visit my schools for the day.


2 egg whites fried in 1 tsp of olive oil, sliced turkey and 2 small pieces of fresh bread.

I felt so good today all because I PREPARED food. I know myself well so I let myself eat outside food when I don't have to is beyond me. I love when I can control what goes into my food especially the flavours. I am so glad I'm getting myself together again. I think it's time to do a bit of goal setting soon. I need to get to my healthy weight of 160. I'd LOVE to get there by Christmas but I'd have to drop weight every week in order to do that and I don't want to put that kind of pressure on myself. I'm going to try and focus on my weight 5lbs at a time.

In other news... DINNER was FANTASTIC!


My mum wasn't sure what to do with dinner so she took out some shrimp and some pre-cut fresh veggies and made a WONDERFUL stir-fry. For something so quick we were all surprised at how tasty it was. We served it over some long grain wild rice and I added a drizzle of hoisin sauce on top. Johnny Daredevil (My brother Prince K... remember he's 7) decided to pour Tobasco sauce all over his! He kept saying it wasn't hot while begging my mum for water. What a kid.

For dessert, I had 1/2 toffee/caramel cookie. It was super decadent. They need to make these in bite size pieces. Even half was too sweet for me.


I, of course, finished it anyway.

I got two sweet packages in the mail today.... one was my subscription to Clean Eating. Woo Hoo! I can't wait to read through it. I love finding great new recipes.


Alrighty lovers + friends, I'm off to relax for a bit before I doze off. I have an early school tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok seriously...could you food look any more delish? YUM! How do you make the crab salad? It sounds so good.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I got my mag, too. Just waiting for a nice quiet alone time to read it.