Sunday, 22 November 2009

Adventures in Blogland - T.O. Girls Gone Wild

Starring...

Kat as The Beauty Dieter


Andrea as The Master Cleanser


Kerry as The Denim Dieter


Kate as The Cookie Dieter


And ME as The Ultimate Tea Dieter


The last time we left the T.O. Blog ladies, we were taking up residence in a Tim Hortons after being kicked out of Chimichanga in Toronto.

Our story resumes this week with the Blog Ladies taking over the Greater Toronto Area at Spring Rolls Restaurant.


In true Weight Watchers fashion we all ordered water and kept our waiter busy refilling glasses. We asked for a pitcher of water but apparently his manager would not allow us to have one of our own. Perhaps he had already heard of our wild escapades in Toronto and feared for his water pitcher.

The night was filled with tracking, sliding, reading of goal cards and lots of fun chatter!


I decided on appetizers for my meal in the hopes of sampling a few choices.

I ordered Sexy Summer Salad Rolls: smoked salmon tango and tiger shrimps in California greens, rolled in rice paper wrap.

It was absolutely delightful!


I also ordered two servings of Dim Sum. Dim Sum is like the Chinese version of Tapas or Antipasto... you're supposed to order a few and sample the different flavours. I ordered two different dumplings.

Pork dumplings (Siu Mai) - my favourite

And Shrimp Dumplings (Har Gow).


I was debating whether or not to order soup as I didn't feel like I had enough food to keep me satisfied. I kept a menu just in case and started to enjoy my meal. I have a weird habit of saving my favourite foods for last so I ate the Siu Mai at the end.

The result...


one lonely little siu mai. I know it looks small but I was full after I ate my first one so to eat two others was pushing myself past my limit and that last little guy was just not going to happen.

After more chatting and bonding we all realized our love for books so of course we headed to Chapters for some FUN!

We roamed the aisles looking for books on every topic while sipping a few Starbucks drinks. While trying to take this picture we had some of the biggest laughs we'd had all night.

You try taking a picture of 5 crazy bloggers with Weight Watchers cook books when there is no one to take the picture. That's not to say no one was in Chapters... it was packed and I'm sure people were looking at us like we were insane but really who was going to ask a stranger to take a picture of us holding cook books.

So what did we do? Pile books one on top of the other and set the self timer... duh! You should've seen me running to jump in the picture... hilarious!

The best part about this picture (and I just realized this as I was typing) Kate's cookbook is upside down!!! haha Honestly it's just too comical!

So there you have it... Episode 2 of Adventures in Blogland is now over. Stay tuned in two weeks for Adventures in Blogland - T.O. Girls vs. the Santa Shuffle!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahah love it! Love the upside down book!

Unknown said...

Looks like such a fun evening! :)

Anonymous said...

I read somewhere once, and have observed it everywhere since, that there is a "fat" way of eating and a "skinny" way of eating.

I struggle to eat skinny, because I'm inclined to eat fat.

Fat eats the favourite thing last, so as to have the yummy taste in our mouths when we are done.

Skinny eats the favourite first, so if there isn't room half way through, we can stop eating, and it's okay cuz we've already eaten our favourite.

I actually have to CONSCIOUSLY think of this when I eat.

Unknown said...

I'd like to sample The Cookie Diet please...if I could eat cookies and get skinny at the same time I'll DO IT!

Great pics and I loved the moments were cameras were set to 'video' modes....