Saturday, 14 November 2009

Another non-weekend

I'm practically back in action. My "allergic reaction" is almost gone and I'm feeling much better. You see, I went to the doctor this week to see what the h-e-l-l was going on with my face... he told me he didn't think it was an allergic reaction... *rolls eyes* normally I would be all for whatever he was suggesting but I don't have bad skin... no pimples, rashes, nada! It happened so suddenly that there is no way I was taking that for an answer so I went for a second opinion. The second doctor gave me some cream for my face that makes me look like a freshly waxed car and I'm happy to report that my face is clearing up quite nicely... it's still a tad itchy though. I can't wait for that to go away.

In any case, my week was crazy and I honestly was not focused on anything but my face. It was all I could think about so who even knows what I shoved into my face this week. As prescribed by the doc this week... no sweating allowed.

I weighed in today and was down 0.8! Woo Hoo! I am super excited to be down. That's practically a pound! I know for some .8 isn't a big deal but all the way to my meeting I just kept saying "please let me be down at least .8... and that's exactly what I got. I am so happy!

After my meeting I treated myself to some goodies...


GROCERIES!!!! This is just for today and tomorrow.

I'm working tomorrow at the University for our open house and then leaving directly after that for another week away. This is my first full week away in a while so it's going to be interesting. I've already booked my hotel which has a gym and a pool so there is no excuse. I'm hoping my face clears up by Monday so I can get my treadmill on. If I still can't sweat, I'm going to be swimming all week.

I had a big breakfast which was everything I dreamed of and more! haha. You already know how I feel about smoked salmon and avocado... well as I was reading blogs yesterday I started drooling after reading Angie's post so I knew smoked salmon was on the menu for today!

1 high fibre pita cut in half, 30 grams of smoked salmon, red onion, light herb and garlic cream cheese + 1/2 avocado + 2 clementines. AMAZING!

...can't forget the morning cup of green tea... it's a staple!

I've already started prepping dinner for tonight - Lemon Pepper Talapia + Bay Scallops + Sugar Snap Peas + Brown Rice. I'm trying to shove as many home cooked meals as I can into this short weekend; I'm going to be eating out all week... insert sad face here __.

Well I'm off... thanks to all of you who left get well messages... I'm almost there!


3 comments:

Nicci said...

Glad to see your doing great and allergic reaction is gone. I love going grocery shopping!

Crystal said...

Glad to hear the allergy reaction is giong away, do you have any idea what caused it??

Also congrats on a wicked loss :) Your dinner is making me drool, I think tomorrow I'm going to go shopping after my weigh-in and pick up some tilapia :)

Fatinah said...

congrats on your loss - you've clearly adopted some really good habits! well done