Sunday, 29 November 2009

My weight... through the decades

This morning my mum popped into my room with a dress that she didn't want and asked if I wanted it. I said sure thinking that I'd wear in when I get to goal. The dress looked super small and even though it as a medium, I wasn't sure what it'd look like. To my surprise the dress fit pretty well. My mum kept saying how perfect it was on me. When I looked at myself I realized that I'm smaller than I think I am. I sometimes feel super huge still... it's an odd thing.

It inspired me to try on some old clothes. First I put on a skirt that I bought this summer. When I first bought it, I had to wear the skirt high because it didn't fit my natural waist. I slipped it on today and zipped it up with no problem... in fact it was loose! So what did I do next? Cry of course. Like a big baby I started crying because I couldn't believe that I had actually lost the weight I kept saying I was going to.

After I collected myself I started pulling out dresses I had in the back of my closet that I thought might fit me now. They all fit! I took a picture of one and was then inspired to look back at my journey thus far.

In October of 2008, Greg and I went out for a friend's birthday. I went to put on some of my funky club clothes and nothing fit. Greg took me out to the mall and told me he'd get me a new outfit to wear for the night. I tried on a million things and nothing was working. Finally, we found a pair of size 15 dress pants in Suzy Shier and a red stretch t-shirt. I cried but still didn't realize how big I was.


In and around that time my sister came to visit from the States and brought my nephew. She snapped this picture of me and him and when she posted it on Facebook, I nearly died. I mean, I know he's small but I'm practically swallowing him. I knew I had to start losing weight at this point but I was busy working on my thesis so I let myself be at 220 lbs for another few months until January.


In January I started my journey and wish I had taken a few more pictures but I was still really self conscious about my body. I don't have any pics of me in the 2-teens.

March 28, 2009 - I decided to go back to Weight Watchers meetings. I had great success doing it on my own but I needed some extra motivation and I knew I wanted to become a leader.

I snapped a picture of myself that morning and weighed in just after at 206 lbs.


I continued to lose weight and was proud to be 192.8 lbs on graduation day. I felt great and I filled out my dress quite nicely. I can't wait to show you guys updated pics of me in this dress. It fits so different now.


On my birthday I was more than proud to be in the 180s even though I gained .2 that week. As the pounds continued to drop I found myself smiling more.


Last week I launched myself back into the 170s. I haven't been this weight since I was playing volleyball. Again, sometimes I feel big but today when I snapped the picture of myself wearing what I call my Audrey dress (Audrey Hepburn... I'm obsessed), I felt fantastic. So without further ado, here I am now at 177.2 lbs.


Next step... GOAL!

Thank you all for following me along my journey. My confidence is growing every day and I feel like I'm becoming a beautiful young lady inside and out.

8 comments:

Nicci said...

You look great girl, keep up the good work.

Caitlin said...

Hi! I don't know if I have left a comment on your blog yet or not (I follow so many :)). Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for sharing and congratulations! You look great and you are so close!

Unknown said...

I totally understand what you mean when you say you still picture yourself as big as you started. I do the same thing. I think that's the hardest part of the journey. And don't let me gain a pound or two, then I really think I've ballooned right back to 200.

You look great. Your hardwork is definately showing and paying off. Keep it up.

misssarahlou said...

You look fabulous!!!

H-woman said...

You look great! Way to go!

H =)

Ashley Gibson said...

You have ALWAYS been stunning!! I love the pic in the Audrey dress. You're getting so close to goal and I'm so proud of you each and every day!!! Keep at it girl! xo

Karen said...

Hey! Thanks for reading my blog...I loved your post about your journey so far, i might steal the idea..you look fantastic and I admire your hard work!! Keep it up :)

Jess said...

You look FANTASTIC!! I just recently found your blog and I got to say way to go:) You're very inspiring! <3