Tuesday, 24 November 2009

Rainy Days

I really can't complain though... it's better than snow. Don't get me wrong, I love a good snow fall. I love to watch the snowflakes fall from the comfort of an indoor setting preferably with a fireplace.

It's been a particularly interesting rainy day though... I got up early ready to head out to Burlington for a great shortened day. Evidently the rain made everyone forget how to drive because the main intersection outside of my house was blocked with an accident and the intersection on the other side was undergoing construction. Then all the main highways had some sort of accident on them and cops were everywhere making everyone else drive way under the speed limit. Can you say Road Trip. I friggin' drove half way around the world for a drive that should've taken me 45 minutes. I was a half hour late for my first school. The second school forgot I was coming so you can only imagine the chaos that ensued after that.

My appetite is gone as of late. I noticed it a bit Saturday when I couldn't finish my set of appetizers at dinner. I usually have no problem finishing food... it's stopping that's my problem. The ladies and I were talking on Saturday about finishing points and how important it is to eat at the very least all of your daily POINTS. I think I jinxed myself because for the past few days I've been struggling to finish my POINTS. After some advice from Ashley, I'm glad to say I'm making it work even though my appetite is still in the crapper.

Thank goodness I have a love for healthy fats.


Avocado + High Fibre Pita + Cream Cheese + Smoked Salmon + Veggies. There was also a bit of ranch dressing on the side to use up a few more POINTS.

Kashi Honey Almond Flax cereal has been a life saver. It's quick and it uses up a few POINTS no problem.


I hate that I have no interest in food. I enjoy food and I like that there is pleasure involved in eating. Now, I could care less about food which to me is not a good thing. I also realized something else: most people say not to shop when you're hungry but I can't seem to grocery shop when I'm not hungry. I wandered the aisles forever looking for food and I didn't want any of it.

*sigh*

Maybe it's just one of those weeks.

3 comments:

♥AbbeyMaybe said...

Well, your food looks delicious.. I'm sure this lull will pass.

*snuggles*
I love smoked salmon.

Unknown said...

Are you getting sick??? Maybe you just need a bit of sunshine to get your taste buds going. I'd like to have your problem one day of not wanting to eat. LOL!!

Unknown said...

Hey girl...I go through the same thing at least once a month :( For me I think it's a combination of dreary weather, working a lot and missing my man!...Dunno what it could be for you? Maybe stress from work?