Saturday, 14 November 2009

Satisfaction!

Sometimes I second guess my success and therefore my ability to provide useful information in the blogging community. Sometimes I feel that because I'm not at goal, my weight loss knowledge doesn't count. And sometimes I remember that I've lost 37 pounds... HARD EARNED pounds and then I kick my own butt and tell myself that all the other stuff is rubbish!

So here I am with two posts in one day! You must be out'cho mind! Weigh in results can be found in the post below.

I was going to label this post something along the lines of Tips yada yada yada or Helpful Hints blah blah blah but then I realized that I have a tendency to ramble and that while this post is designed to be helpful, it might just be me thinking out loud.

I've made many'a'meal in my day and I've come to this conclusion: Satisfaction is the key to weight loss. I know profound right?

Seriously, if I eat something that I'm not satisfied with I start looking around for more to eat regardless of my satiety. When I have flavourful foods I'm content when my meal is finished and that's the end of it.

Food with flavour usually provides greater satisfaction than bland food. Spices and herbs are the ... spice of life! (I honestly couldn't think of anything better).

Why do you think most people bail on "diet" foods? Hello flavourless cardboard. Why do you like certain foods over others? Flavour! While salt does provide flavour there are so many other ways to season foods. You can't save a white chicken breast with a pinch of salt. Why not get out some rosemary? It'll give you that Christmas chicken feeling all year 'round.

Tonight, I had a meal packed with flavours of all different kinds and it was to date one of my best meals. *pats self on back*


I marinated a piece of Talapia in fresh lemon juice, lemon rind, pepper and some lemon pepper no-salt-added seasoning to be redundant. I boiled brown rice in some leftover beef stock I had kicking around... flavour #2. I then sauteed bay scallops and sugar snap peas in 1 tsp of olive oil and sprinkled in some garlic and seasoning salt. The result? A PARTY IN MY MOUTH! All the different flavours and textures were amazing.

So altogether dinner was: 1/2 cup brown rice + Talapia (weighed) + scallops (weighed) + sugar snap peas (weighed) + avocado (weighed) = DE-LISH!

I encourage you... no implore you to season, infuse or marinate your food. Your taste buds will thank you for it! Just beware of spice... remember if it goes in hot... you can figure out the rest!

Tootles!

4 comments:

Find the Hearts said...

Dinner looks YUMMY!

misssarahlou said...

Looks delicious!!!

Nicci said...

Please come cook some talapia for me! Dinner looks good. Oh, I tend to ramble off too. lol

karen@fitnessjourney said...

Hi, first visit to your blog. You make a great point. I can eat a really healthy meal, but if it doesn't taste good, I'm just not satisfied. It doesn't hurt to have it beautifully presented either. How cute is your little circle of rice! Love it!