Friday, 20 November 2009

What a Week in Windsor!

Alliteration at it's finest... I should have been an English major but I suppose PR is close enough.

I can't believe this week is already over. It went by so quickly. I started typing this post before I uploaded my pics and I was feeling really good about my choices this week. I knew I had eaten a few splurge type items but I didn't realize quite how many until I went through pics. Oh well, I'm not ashamed of anything I've eaten as evidenced by the pictures. I think I did pretty well for myself considering I had to eat every meal from a restaurant.

I still have 17 weekly points left. Boo-ya!

I left Sunday evening after working a full day at the University for our open house. We had subs for lunch and like a good girl I packed dinner with the hopes that my hotel had a microwave. They definitely had one and I'm glad to report that Sunday night I enjoyed leftover brown rice with sugar snap peas and bay scallops.

Note: my hotel did not have a restaurant so no dining options inside the hotel besides breakfast.


Breakfast was included every morning at the hotel; they had hot and cold options. Monday morning I had an English Muffin with light cream cheese + tea. I grabbed a yogurt + Rice Krispies and an apple for snack later.


It was a smart move grabbing a little extra to hold me over. Sometimes there just isn't any time between schools to stop. I packed my dining out companion and my complete food guide so that I could track WHATEVER I ate.... and track I did. Every morsel of food.


So funny story... I'm on the road for the day and decide to stop for lunch. I've had a craving for Harvey's for a few weeks now but I decide to go with Subway even though I just had it Sunday. I plug it into my GPS and get on my way to Subway. I missed the turn to get on the road that would lead to Subway and ended up here.


I'm hopeless! But wait, it gets better. I sit in the parking lot for a good 5 minutes contemplating my decision to indulge. I pull out my Dining Out Guide and find a meal that works for my craving and for my points and decide to go ahead... then I look across the street...

You can't really see in the picture unless you click on it but below the A&W sign is a Weight Watchers sign! hahaha oh dear! So I sit for a few more minutes thinking that this is a sign and finally decide to have the Harvey's that I want but make a compromise... I wanted a burger and onion rings but I told myself I could only have one or the other... either a Burger and a side salad or a Grilled Chicken and Onion Rings.


Grilled Chicken won... on a whole wheat bun! Which means that the onion rings won as well!


They were delish and I was totally happy with my decision. I haven't had onion rings in a year and I probably won't have them for another year. I'm getting good at having the things I want once in a while as treats.

After my last school I headed to Windsor Crossing for one thing and one thing only...


OH DEAR!

I'm so not a labels girl.. in fact as you guys have seen I do a lot of my shopping at Walmart but I've always wanted a Coach bag. I also felt like I deserved it for all my hard work on the road. I've been saving my money like a good girl.

I got a $400 bag for $79 including tax! OMG! I just about lost my mind... even the sales associate was like where did you find this? What an amazing deal. It was hidden way in the back!


After that I felt like I should be able to find everything for a toonie!

I picked up some snacks that night to munch on - luckily there was Shoppers Drug Mart right next to my hotel so I grabbed a bag of Pop Chips.


I still stand by my glorified rice cake comment but the plain ones are my favourite thus far.

I enjoyed chili from Tim Hortons for dinner along with a "whole wheat" roll. I put whole wheat in quotes because Tim Hortons whole wheat bread is practically white bread.


My friggin' hotel served cookies and hot chocolate EVERY NIGHT! Seriously? Hello week of temptation. I had one the first night - oatmeal raisin sans the raisins. I love oatmeal raisin cookies but you should see me eat them... I sit and pick out all of the raisins bit by bit.


After inhaling all that food I decided to go for a swim...


Why does my face look like that? If you look closely you can see the infamous yellow bikini string poking out. I wore it in PUBLIC! Well almost public... thankfully no one was down at the pool when I went so I just kind of slipped in without anyone seeing me.

Swimming is hard work. I was pooped after like 5 laps! lol

Breakfast Tuesday was all the goodies pictured below.


Like a good girl I had this fabulous lunch from Swiss Chalet


Garden Salad + Minestrone Soup


I ate a late lunch so by time dinner rolled around I had 15 points left and no appetite so what did I do?

I ate PIE of course! Would you expect anything less?


A delightful coconut cream pie used up the majority of those points quite nicely.

By Wednesday morning I was tired of the same old breakfast so I decided to opt for hot items. Also, I'm a sucker for waffles...


Not one of my finer breakfasts - pretty beige.

I had a banana after for something a little more fresh.


Again, I skipped lunch (naughty) but I was super busy and had some points left over so for dinner I ordered myself an individual sized pizza. The pizza looks huge but it wasn't really that big it was smaller than a small pizza. I had about 4 slices and called it quits.


Thursday was a mess as all I could think about was getting home so there are no pics to end the week but rest assured I cleaned it all up very nicely. Green tea, veggies, protein. I'm rocking it out.

Oddly enough I feel smaller this week than I ever have so who knows what the scale will show. I'll be back tomorrow to report.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Allie,
WOW way to go on your week. I seriously don't know how you do it!!

Anyway, I'm super excited for tomorrow! I'm planning on going to WW as early as possible because afterwards I can get a good work-out. Kinda depends on when I wake up but either 7:30 or 9. Yah it would be cool to see someone I actually know!! Fingers crossed!

Andy said...

LOVE that bag! Gorgeous!

I can't believe how well you did this week! You are an amazing weight-watching MACHINE! :)