Friday, 18 December 2009

I'm like pure milk chocolate... the Lindor kind!

While I was working this morning I popped into the athletics office (my stomping grounds and the place where I worked through University); my lovely friend (and former supervisor) Nathania told me how great I was looking and that I was glowing. She said I was like pure milk chocolate... the creamy Lindor kind. We both howled with laughter and that about made my day. I suppose I do have a certain glow to me lately. I'm really coming into my own and I love it!

I wasn't going to weigh in today but after much deliberation I realized that I wasn't about to fight dozens of people at Ashley's meeting tomorrow to weigh in at the crack of dawn. So after I finished work this morning I trekked it over to Weight Watchers to weigh in.

The result? I kicked off that .8 I gained last week plus another pound! I'll take it. My body is changing everyday and the number on the scale is the cherry on the sundae... meaning it's nice if it's there but I can still enjoy my ice cream without the cherry.
Post weigh in, I went to the mall to get some shopping out of the way. I scored some amazing deals and spent far less than I thought I would. My mum got hooked up big time. I'm so excited for her to see her gifts.

I also picked up some goodies for myself. I'm terrible but shopping is getting so fun since I can fit into clothes at EVERY single store I go into. I went into Garage Clothing for a plaid shirt (OMG I'm jumping on trends... save me now!) and automatically picked up a large shirt... I was swimming in it! I got the sales rep to bring me a medium and that's what I walked out of the store with. I also bought leggings... something I said I'd never wear. I still don't really have the legs for 'em but I feel good in them so that's that.

This time last year I was buying size 15 jeans in Stitches because they were the only store that had clothes that fit me. This time last year I was prepping myself to be obese for the rest of my life. I figured that it was just a matter of me finding clothes that fit and not losing weight. Thank goodness I decided to take this journey because this year I feel amazing!

After spoiling the outside of my body I decided to spoil my insides with two black bean wraps! I had points to spare so I added some fromage (that's cheese if you didn't know :p). With a side of animal crackers of course. My interest in food is picking up again which is great. I think I've almost found the happy medium between overindulging and 0 appetite nibbling.

I'm so excited to see all the lovely T.O. ladies tomorrow and celebrate Kate getting her Lifetime membership with Weight Watchers. I may perhaps rock my snazzy new teen queen outfit in the cold. Go me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just got down reading all of your posts from day one and am so inspired and you should publish a recipe book ur food looks so good. im just curious as to why all these weight loss bloggers are from Canada I so want to move there and go to all the cool placed u guys reference especially booty camp!

Tiff said...

I can't wait to be able to write about some of the things that you did in this post! Keep up the good work- it's priceless!

Shannon - www.thedailybalance.com said...

just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say hello! looking forward to reading more ;)