Thursday, 24 December 2009

On the eve of Christmas '09

I am feeling absolutely fantastic. I love love love the holiday season and this one is no different.

This week I had to weigh in early since the centre is closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day. I was down another 1.8 lbs putting me at 172 lbs! I am so close to the 160s I can taste it. Unfortunately that means I have now developed what I call diaper bum. Some of my jeans are getting too big so the tush area is starting to sag a little... very unattractive.

On a more Christmasy note:

There are a few things that we do every year and one tradition that has been going on for as long as I can remember is having my brother's godparents (whom I call Mama T and Poppa [no, not Papa] T) and their children over on Christmas Eve.

The food is the same every year... my mum tried to change it one year and it just wasn't happening. The people want Lasagna so that's what we give 'em.

Of course there were traditional party favourites...


I don't know how I missed a pic of the apps but it was traditional hors d'oeuvres... all pastries.

This is what my plate should have looked like... (this was my cousin's plate)


This is what my dinner looked like....


Pathetic I know but I wasn't hungry. Somehow, though, my tummy made room for 3 glasses of the good stuff...


Are you or are you not loving the Christmas green on my nails? Tres belle no?

I also enjoyed some sweet treats for dessert... they were tiny and delicious.


I got my first Christmas gift tonight from my cousin Tish.


A beautiful tea set from Teaopia!!!! It's so me. I'm in love love love. I also got some lose leaf tea from Mama and Poppa. I am so excited to use it.

I've got all my gifts wrapped and my Christmas outfit laid out... It's purple so not every Christmasy but I like it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS FOLKS!


1 comment:

Julia said...

LOVE the tea set!

Happy Holidays to you!

Oh and please post pics of the purple Christmas outfit! :)

Julia
jewliagoulia.blogspot.com