I... Allie... had Oatmeal for breakfast 2 days in a row. This is also the second time I've done this. After a little more experimenting I can say that it's a good breakfast. I don't love it and if I had more time in the morning I probably wouldn't grab it automatically but it's working for my daily routine.
Yesterday morning:
Today:
I realized that my oatmeal has to be almost unsweetened. I've always loaded it with brown sugar and cinnamon in the hopes that the sweetness would do it for me but after accidentally making a batch that wasn't as sweet I found that I enjoyed it much more. Same thing goes for the toppings, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds add crunch and a bit of saltiness which I adore and Blue Diamond's crunchy almond butter isn't the least bit sweet. My new concoctions are definitely working for me.
For lunch today I had steamed veggies with flax seeds -- very yummy
I also had 1/2 a can of tuna with a drizzle of Italian dressing.
Dinner was courtesy of mama who prepared cheese tortellini, shrimp and more steamed veggies. I was too ravenous to wait for the veggies so they didn't make it into the pasta bowl.
Today I also committed to lunch workouts with a co-worker. I find that most people in the office head to the gym for lunch. We're lucky that we work at a University and as such have access to the gym for free. I decided to do a class today and did Zumba for the first time!
The verdict? Much better than I expected. I actually enjoyed it and can't wait to go back next Tuesday. I loved the whole dance aspect of it. I caught on really quick and had fun shaking my booty. I'm contemplating getting my Zumba training certificate so I can run my own funky class. Level one training is in March and I think I may just do it.
Tomorrow a few of us are heading to cardio kick-boxing during lunch. I expect to be in a lot of pain on Thursday and I can't wait!
Have a great night peoples!








4 comments:
i, too, am a fan of oatmeal without a ton of sugar. normally i only add a smidgen, just enough to make it taste neutral.
i think you'd make a great zumba instructor! go for it!
Sounds like a great "in control" day. I am a big oatmeal fan. Cinnamon, raisins, vanilla extract, honey & milk to top. Yum. I have yet to try topping it with seeds and such.
Zumba is alot of fun. Teaching a class would be a blast and what a commitment.
That shrimp and tortellini looks devine.
I am not an oatmeal fan but what you made actually sounds pretty appetizing. I may just make some this week! ;)
Julia
http://jewliagoulia.blogspot.com
I totally saw that you had oatmeal on your daily meal plan on the boards and I so wanted to comment on it! I missed this blog entry when it was new... But you go girl!!!!
I've been adding pumpkin to mine lately! Yummy!
Post a Comment