Friday, 15 January 2010

The things I do at work...

Today was my last full week in the office before I hit the road again and let me just say THANK GOODNESS. I love my job, I love the people that I work with but I just can't do the whole office, desk and computer thing. I need human interaction. So let's talk about some of the things I do when I'm stuck in the office all day.

I eat breakfast at my desk. This week, I finally got to try some oats in a jar ala Kath.


Blue Diamond Crunchy Almond Butter is MY FAVOURITE. I am in love love love and so sad that it's gone because I can't find it in any normal grocery stores. I am on a mission to find more.


This by far is my favourite way to enjoy oatmeal! Did you ever think you'd see the day? I loved that with every scoop I got a morsel of almond butter. My co-workers thought I was so smart for bringing my oatmeal in the jar.

This week I also enjoyed a Green Monster and a Tea is my cool re-usable travel mug.


I also eat lunch at my desk because I use my lunch hour to hit the gym. Lunch time workouts are so fantastic and I'm going to be sad next week when I'm back on the road and can't do them. I have a special place in my heart for Zumba, PowerFlex, Cardio Kickboxing and the others...


You want to know the worst thing I do when at work?

Shhh... don't tell anyone.

I shop! hahaha Yes I'm aware how terrible that is but really... don't judge me.

After seeing Ashley's cool new planner, I went on a mission to find one of my own. I came across a really cool company called Brush Dance that had beautiful 2010 planners. There was a pretty good selection to choose from and they all had different pictures and quotes on them. I chose this one:


It reads:

"Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Play with abandon. Laugh. Risk love. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Lead or follow a leader. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is." - Mary Anne Radmacher

I knew right away that this was the planner for me. The quote is my new motto for 2010.

I love that the spaces inside of the planner are big enough to write in. There are also other quotes spread throughout the book which is pretty neat.


Since I'm clearly on a mission to go broke, I signed up for a Nutrition and Wellness Specialist Course (but you guys knew that already). What you didn't know is that my books arrived this week and I've already started reading through the course material. YAY ME!


I also may or may not have signed up for another 4 weeks with these guys...

Yep, impulse shopping at it's finest. I got an e-mail today saying February boot camp had opened up for returning recruits and without batting an eyelash, I was signed up and ready to go.

I am also signing up (tomorrow) for 5 weeks of dance class on Sundays at a studio by my house. So it'll be Bootycamp Tuesdays and Thursdays and Dance on Sundays.

Am I crazy? I need to relax a little bit.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! I don't know anyone at Bootycamp! FUN!

That dance class sounds fun too! Whats that all about?

PS..yay for being so organized! Love that planner!

Unknown said...

awesome girl..I think this is what you need..all of that stuff will help you maintain your sanity ;)

What sort of dance..and what studio!? I might know it!

Also..Love that planner..I might have to get one muahaha...

And how are u doing that course? are you going into a school or is it all done through distance learning?

p.s
I get that almond butter in my local grocery store (zerzh)...

JocelynEatsFresh
;)

K8 said...

A,
The quote on your planned is my all time favourite quote. I put in my university yearbook grad comment.. and I have it up on my bedroom wall... SO GOOD.

You'll have to come to the Carrot to get the Almond Butter. I'm there next week for sure! Maybe even tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

How ironic, I have that quote framed in my room also. A friend has it tattooed down her back. Very inspirational!

adorkable said...

I'm 95% sure I saw that Blue Diamond AB at Loblaws in their organic/health food section.

Jess said...

yay booty camp;) Which instructor are you with?
Glad you took a chance with the renewal discount:) It's so worth it!!:)

Journey to a Healthier Me said...

Hi Allie,

I love your blog----very inspiring! Good luck with your certification. You seem to have it all together :)

Jasmine @ Eat Move Write said...

"Booty" Camp. How cute. Enjoy! I haven't been on your blog for a while. I like the changes.

Tiff said...

Hey I actually have that same planner! I love the inspirational quotes and art!

What are the odds!? :)

Allie said...

Wow lots of love on this post... I absolutely LOVE IT!

K - Bootcamp is going to be awesome in Feb. I'm so excited to have a buddy.

Joc - The studio is called Dancercise. It's not a big studio, they've just started out. I'm doing hip hop; the jazz, tap, ballet and lyrical classes have already started.

K8 - I think I'm going to try and come out there next weekend. I have to check the planner but I think I'm good.

Erin - Ya the quote jumped out at me as soon as I saw it. That's cool that your friend has it tattooed on her back.

Adorkable - I found it at Fortinos so I'm good to go! I picked up 2 containers.

Jess - I'm doing bootycamp with Ada. I can't wait to get back at it.

Journey to a Healthier Me - Thank you very much! I've definitely been working hard.

Jasmine - Thank you! The blog is now an accurate reflection of me inside and out.

Tiff - I am in love with this planner. It was a great purchase. The quotes inside are beautiful.

erica said...

Hello! Just found your blog and am enjoying it! I count points too :]