Wednesday, 17 February 2010

Who wears short shorts?

This post is long so it needs headings.

The Shorts

First things first. I DO NOT WEAR SHORTS... EVER! If there is one thing I've never worn in public (besides while playing volleyball), it's shorts. I've always had thick thighs and a big bum and thought shorts were just not for me.

I've always longed for a pair of cute denim shorts but didn't think I had the body for it (how many times have we all said something like that about one body part or another). Today on my lunch I went over to the mall with a co-worker and decided to try on a pair of shorts. The verdict... CUTE AS HELL! OMG I'm not sure if weight loss is good for me because every day I feel cuter and cuter and thus a little more full of myself (I'm terrible).

I'm mastering the art of the self portrait... watch the face and the pose... it's diva! hahaha


I would just like to say, for the record, that I LOVE my body. Big hips, thick thighs, round bum and all! I've come to terms with the fact that I have a pear shape and I always will. My thighs are big but they're strong! My bum sticks out but it gets all the boys... (heeeeyyyyyyy) haha. I will probably always need to wear jeans with some stretch in them and I'll probably never find pants that fit both my waist and thighs but THAT'S OKAY! I like me... just the way I am.

Dancing Through Booty Camp


If you read Kerry's blog, which I'm sure most of you do, you noticed she said something about me dancing my way through booty camp. Okay so let's talk about how friggin' exhausted I was yesterday and how I really didn't want to go to boot camp. I honestly didn't think I was going to make it so I told myself just to do what I had to do to get through class. So I danced, I skipped, I flailed my arms like a nerd, I shook my ass, I pumped my chest... and you know what? I got through camp and had so much energy by the end. My instructor told me I was in such good shape during our strength training portion of the class. It was all lower body... I have my strong legs to thank for that.

Food

Um... still no tracking but portion sizes are dramatically decreasing. So I really am eating everything in moderation.

Saturday I started with 2 boiled eggs, 1 slice of toast with butter and 4 slices of kielbasa. It rocked my socks.


I also enjoyed a cup of Green Tea. Green tea is a staple in my diet (meal plan not restrictive eating thingy). I drink it straight... no sweetener of any sort. I feel like it cleanses me.


I also enjoyed a junior sized portion of chicken and rice from Burbon St. Grill. Very yummy Burbon chicken!


My Long Weekend

So where did I leave off on Friday... Um... I beautified and relaxed.

Saturday I went and got my hair done. Some guy out side of the salon (my salon is shared with a barber) told me I was beautiful! That put me in an excellent mood.

I shuffled it out to Waterloo again to watch basketball with my J (cousin) and K (her bf). What a friggin' intense game. We were screaming and hollering like a bunch of 12 year olds. The game went into OT (overtime) and I thought I was going to die it was so tight. In the end the team we were rooting for won by 1.

I went out to dinner that night and noshed on a 1/2 of a quesadilla and 3/4 of a Roasted Red Pepper Soup. I just realized that I left the other half of the quesadilla in the take out container on the table of the restaurant. hahaha guess I really didn't want it.

I had a fun conversation at dinner about my ego that went as follows (keep in mind I've known this person for 9 years):

Person: Allie, you're so conceited
Me: I'm not conceited, I just have high self esteem... and hey you're one to talk!
Person: NO, I have high self esteem but I'm no where near as conceited as you.
Me: That's because you're no where near as pretty as I am!
Both: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Suffice it to say I had an awesome Saturday.

For Valentines Day on Sunday I spent the afternoon watching Volleyball games at my place of employment and then I made my way out to an old school party in Thornhill at night... the music was alright but I had an amazing night overall. I wore a gorgeous dress that of course I forgot to take a picture of and I danced, laughed, talked and just had a plain ol' good time. I even got a free old school R&B CD as part of the event.

On Monday, I went bowling with the fam for Family Day. I am really close with my family so spending the day with my maternal aunts, uncles and first cousins was awesome. We're closer than close.

Okay I'm pooped from typing which means you've got to be tired of reading.

I need to stop waiting so long between posts so I can shorten them. Sorry for the novel.





p.s. Yes, that is all my hair! Some girl commented on my "weave" today. I politely but firmly told her that it was MY HAIR... ALL MY HAIR. Not all black girls wear weave... sheesh! haha I'm a trouble maker.

15 comments:

Dee Lighter said...

Girl those shorts look great on you!! I like how losing weight makes you feel like nothing is off limits.

xoxo,
dee.
deelighter.blogspot.com

Jasmine @ Eat Move Write said...

You are too cute in those short shorts. I love it.

Wow! Your hair is so long! My sister-in-law has recently given up the weave, actually. She wants it natural for a while.

Katie said...

The shorts look awesome!!

Diana said...

Your right your body looks great in those short. Hell ya... you go girl!!

Unknown said...

you do have pretty weave...i mean hair. HA! just kidding. I love your hair both ways, ESPECIALLY curly because it's got a cute kink to it. I digress....you look CUTE in those booty short girl! Congrats for pulling it off and having the confidence to do so.

Anonymous said...

So those jeans look like they were made just for you. And girrrrl, that's a damn nice lace front you got haha, joking of course.

K8 said...

You have inspired me to try on shorts. All summer long I wear capris and skirts to avoid those dreaded shorts!

Enz said...

You look amazing :)

Tricia said...

love the shorts, you look HOT!

Amanda@BustingThroughIt said...

Love the diva pose and the shorts look great...you are braver than I!
Your blog is fantastic, very motivational!

Nicci said...

Looking Fabulous!! Love how your rocking those short shorts. I can't wait to wear some myself. It's been a long time since I wore some.

Anonymous said...

a) you look great in the shorts and the top is cute!
b) what booty camp do you girls attend?

Just Me said...

I feel the same way about shorts, I will not wear them, because I just dont feel comfortable.

But lady you are rocking those shorts!!

Just found the blog and love it.

Find the Hearts said...

Allie you look amazing!

I had no idea you could get a junior size portion at Bourbon St Grill! I always avoid places like that because I know I'll eat all the rice. That is sooooo good to know!

Karen said...

You look fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep on being proud of it :)