Sunday, 21 March 2010

Just dance!

I don't feel like I have anything important to say. It's hard because I'm at the tail end of the weight loss part of this thing and waiting to embark upon maintenance FOREVER! At this point I've found the balance I'm looking for with food. I'm educating myself on nutrition and come April 7th will be a certified Nutrition and Wellness Specialist (NWS). I am a firm believer in the 80/20 rule of Nutrition - eat well 80% of the time and treat yourself 20%.

I am ACTIVE every single day and 3-4 of those days I am doing classes at the gym during lunch. It's funny, every time I've been small in my life and maintained the size I've done something simple... DANCE. I remember when I was young and I'd lose weight, everyone would ask what I was doing and I'd just tell them I put on music in my room and dance. The past few weeks haven't been the best food wise but they haven't been horrible either. I've managed to maintain in the 160s which is fabulous and I attribute that to my 30 minutes of dancing daily. So you're probably like... what does she mean she dances? What kind of dance? Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop? None of the above.

Here's what I do: When I get home from work at 5, I have a half hour before everyone gets home so I plug my ipod into my speakers and groove... TOTAL CLUB STYLE! haha whatever I feel like doing, I do... sometimes that's arms-a-flailing or ass-a-shakin' sometimes it's both at once. It seriously brightens my day. It not only makes me break a sweat but it's my ME TIME which I think is mucho importante!

I never did update after I told you guys I was heading out last Friday so here's the update:

My cousin, my friend KD and I went to Chimichanga Mexican Bar and Grill in Toronto (same place where I first met the T.O. Bloggies). I ordered the same thing as last time: Enchiladas Verde. So freakin' amazing!


Somehow I missed the picture of the Sangria I ordered but it was divine. Copious amounts of wine were consumed during the night.

We went to C-Lounge where the DJ Saved My Life... You couldn't have pulled me off that dance floor for anything. OMG I LOVE DANCING.

Wine + Dancing = L.O.V.E!

This weekend was a tad different. Friday night the bff, Erna, came over to watch some CIS Basketball. I know NCAA Basketball is going on right now but I gotta support our hometown boys first.

Saturday, I had CPR training. I needed to update my certification in order to complete the practical component of my NWS exam.

Something I learned during my NWS course was the fact that many of the nutrients from a multivitamin pill are not absorbed by the body which begs the question... why take 'em? We even did an experiment to show how to pills break down in the body... I watched my poor multivitamin stay fully intact and knew I needed a new multivi.

I finally switched to a liquid multivitamin as they are more bioavailable (your body can absorb more of the nutrients).


This is my new multivitamin... it tastes great but it's hella expensive. I figured it was an investment in my health.

I also scooted to the grocery store yesterday as I had a hankering for a good sandwich.


Lunch was a delightful sandwich with a side of Ketchup Chips. Yes, you're seeing clearly... there are no fruits or vegetables in sight. I'm a sick sick child. NWS what?


Fear not, I'm about to dig into a yummy apple muesli yogurt mix and I just cut up some cucumbers that I plan to inhale. It's all good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love dancing. I do a great half dutty wine while doing the dishes. It's epic. Glad to see you're doing well.

Enz said...

Congratulations on getting your certification. Where did you study?

You look amazing in that pic with wine :)

Anonymous said...

Dancing has always been a fav of mine. I just bought my daughter the Just Dance for her Wii and we can do that thing for hours. By the end, I'm one sweaty lady!