On Monday I had a conference all day at Ryerson University in Toronto. I parked at Yorkdale and TTC'd it downtown. It's awesome when the weather gets nice because I love walking the streets of Toronto!
In any case they provided lunch and I totally made it work for me. I loaded my plate with salad and steamed veggies and enjoyed 1 slice of roast beef and a piece of garlic bread (I didn't need it but I loved it).
For dinner that night I noshed on an Open Faced Tuna Veggie Melt with a side of baby carrots. According to the magazine I was supposed to have it with 1 cup of tomato soup and 1 cup of strawberries but I wasn't really in the mood.
Yesterday was leftover Tuesday. I packed a Ham & Egg Turnover for Breakfast, lots of fruits and veggies for snacks and a Salmon Sandwich for lunch.
TOM decided to arrive yesterday which explains last week's bender. I'm not one of those people who gets cravings and is ravenous while TOM is here, I'm the chick who PMSes like nobody's business; Cravings, Bloating, Irritability... the works!
I headed to the mall with my aunt and cousin to look for some Floridian gear. I found this number which may make an appearance this Friday at an event I'm headed to.
Some of you are probably looking at that picture thinking she's 2 lbs away from goal? THAT'S what goal looks like? Well... ya. Sorry if you thought I was going to be wafer thin... that's not me. I am shapely, curvy and lovely! Ladies, embrace your curves!
I know it's hard because the ideal image of beauty as portrayed all over North America, is the boyish figure (I'm not knocking it if that's your figure but I'm really talking to the curvy ladies here). We will NEVER look that way. Even at my thinnest, my hips will still be sizably larger than my upper body. My ass will always be just a little bit too big (this may be a black girl thing haha). Some of you will always have big boobs and that's okay! I think it's important to know your body and realize that losing weight will not change your body type it will merely make you a smaller version of that same shape.
As a pear shaped woman there are some things you must never forget:
- Jeans with stretch are your friend - they allow you to go a size smaller so that the pants fit your waist AND thighs... what a novel concept!
- Jeans at American Eagle (my favourite) are not really your friend. You can wear them with a belt but they were designed for hipless wonders. I know this one burns, I love their jeans; I sometimes dream of a world where I can wear jeans without a belt.
- Tucking your shirt into your pants is probably not going to work... I'm just saying... If you're seriously proud of your hips show 'em off but if you want people to see you before they see your hips coming, untuck that shirt. Skirts are the exception to this rule... high-waisted skirts can work with the right look.
- Wide leg pants weren't designed for you... they were designed to make people look like they have shape which you already do. Walk away from the wide leg pants; they magnify thick thighs.
- You CAN wear shorts. They may look a little sexier than they were intended to look but you can do it cause you're DEAD SEXAY!









6 comments:
Hey, a shirt tucked into pants isn't really a good look on anyone! And, I think 2 lbs from goal looks GREAT!
Love your guide for curvy girlies! 2lbs to go wooohooo!
you look amazing!!
and yes I did think that when I saw the pic.
you look already at goal, Woman.
MizFit
That dress is super cute Allie! Where did you get it? You're looking amazing :)
Crazy! Whoever is surprised that you're far from goal needs a spanking! You look fantabulous.
You look amazing!
Love the list. They are so true.
Post a Comment