Sunday, 30 May 2010

Post-Vacay Slacker

I realized after I posted about Florida that there really wasn't much more to say about the vacay... that really was it in a nutshell.

I had good intentions for this week. When I got back from Florida I felt heavy and overwrought with fried, battered, cheesed, creamed everything so I attempted a fresh Pescatarian style menu this week.

I had this oatmeal 2 days in a row and I must say that it is my FAVOURITE way to do oatmeal. I cooked the oats in the morning with a little bit of almond milk and cinnamon... Once it was cooked, I added ground flax meal. I chopped strawberries and sprinkled a bit of brown sugar on them, then packed them in a ziplock baggie to bring to work along with some Kashi Honey Almond Flax and Almond Butter. Friggin' awesome.

I've also been noshing on Cherries whenever they're available... I loveeeeee summertime


Everything was closed on Monday so we didn't have many groceries since we'd been on vacay. I decided to do a "make something out of nothing" kind of thing.

Enter... the lentil patty!

OMG these were to die for! I found some lentils, peppers, onions, whole wheat flour, some spices & sauces and made some kick ass lentil patties. Totally Vegan too! *pats self on back*

All of this lovely Pescatarian style eating lasted 'til about Wednesday when I went to go look at a car after work unexpectedly. It was hot, I was hungry, the salesman was an asshole and I was in no mood for anything... The only thing around was an A&W and instead of grabbing fries and sticking with it, I had a grilled chicken sandwich.

I'm not sure why I always attempt to modify my eating plan like I really can cut out any type of food. That's not me at all. I will eat pretty much everything. I've prided myself on eating a healthy diet which includes EVERYTHING in MODERATION so I'm going to continue to do that.

The rest of the week was a busy hectic mess at work so I did what I could but there were no pictures taken. Suffice it to say I had a lot of slushies and Greek food.

Let me just say that this blog will be filled with Frosters, Slushies, Icees, whatever you want to call 'em, this summer. Some people have chips, some people have diet pop, some people have chocolate... my vice... SLUSHIES. Will never give these up... EVER! My goal is to keep these to 1 a day... hahaha I definitely had 2 a day 1 day this week.

I almost forgot to mention the weigh in... How much weight did I gain on Vacation? Exactly 4 lbs... if you recall the same thing happened when I came back from Jamaica last year... 4 lbs seems to be my post vacation happy number. The good thing is that I'm only .8 above where I'm allowed to stay for maintenance. I'm still in a good place.

Breakfast yesterday = 2 egg whites fried on a sandwich thin hot dog bun with mustard (don't screw up your face until you've tried it) + 1 apple sprinkled with cinnamon.


My cousin and I went on a little shopping excursion and I almost caved to some Greek Food (honestly I can't wait to visit Greece someday) but instead had Italian... a 'big as your head' veal sandwich from California Sandwiches... not the smartest move, would've been better off with the Greek but I've counted the POINTS and moved on.

This morning, I decided on a Green Monster. There's a tub of spinach in my fridge that no one is using so I gladly cleaned out half of the container for this delicious beast.


It's almost noon and my body is calling for some more food. I'm out.

No comments: