Saturday I had Zumba Instructor Training on Saturday which was great. I am now a certified Zumba Instructor and have completed one Cumbia Rhythm thus far to Fuego by A.B. Quintanilla y Los Kumbia Kings. It's ridiculously awesome. I was hot and sweating by the end of that one dance... I didn't even realize til I was done how intense it was.
Training went from 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
We started the day with an hour long Master Class... Fortunately and Unfortunately this was the highlight of my day. I love Master Classes because they are usually filled with advanced choreography to challenge the participants. It actually caters to more experienced Zumba(ers).
The rest of the day alternated between lectures and Instruction for basic steps.
Here's my beef and it's selfish but it's mine nonetheless... I understand that this is level one instruction but I feel like it was a little TOO basic for me. Perhaps because I have a dance background I picked up the steps easily so I felt bored a lot of the time. I watched people struggle through steps and there were even people taking the class who had never done Zumba before. Now call me rude but what in the hell are you doing trying to instruct a class you've never taken? It seems a bit backwards to me. Also, if you don't know your right from your left, you probably shouldn't be instructing either... If we're all going one way and you're going another... YOU'RE NOT GETTING IT!
Yes, I'm evil I know, but instructing isn't for everyone. Some people were meant to Zumba their lives away in the middle of a crowded class.
In any case I've now set myself up to be some mega-crazy expert Zumba instructor which I'm not... YET but at least I have a good ear and some rockin' hips... HOLLA!
I literally have one thing going on as it pertains to meals... Toasted pita with swiss cheese and tomato... I swear it's the best thing since sliced bread.
Yesterday I was having a little bit of a down day. So I decided to go to my favourite place in the world Chapters... I swear, something about a place filled with books makes my heart smile. I kept meaning to pick up another Jen Lancaster book after reading Such a Pretty Fat but never did. So in order to get myself back to my happy place I purchased Pretty in Plaid. I'm super excited to give it a read through.
Today I woke up at the crack of dawn for an early morning 4 hour road trip to pick up the one I call Boo boo (remember, like scraping your knee? If I don't say that people think I mean Boo boo like something loving couples say to each other haha I'm not that sweet).
I
I thoroughly enjoyed my day even though I spent the majority of it trapped in a car. It's nice to sit in the passenger seat every once in a while and let someone take over.
Bliss!











4 comments:
Thats funny how people who have neer gone to it, are tryign to become instructors. I want to teach Zumba and become certified by next summer. I've been taking it for about 2 months and I love it!!
I wonder why they would decide to teach Zumba without trying it first? Odd.
Re: Jen Lancaster books - Pretty in Plaid is probably my least favourite of her books, but I love her writing. I'm re-reading Bitter is the New Black for the 4th or
5th time. Such a Pretty Fat is my favourite and her newest book, My Fair Lazy is hilarious.
so when is your first class? i took b1 in april and about to take it again im sceerrrred!!
Tell me how Pretty in Plaid is, I have all her other books and loved them. I want to take your Zumba class, but like Andrea, I's scured.
Post a Comment