A: Of course I have! I hid from friends, family and pretty much the world when I was at my heaviest hence why I have about a handful of pictures of me at 220 lbs. I've always been an outgoing person but I'm pretty convinced I spiraled into a bit of a depression as I gained weight (my mother will confirm this). I was angry all the time, I didn't want to meet new people or make friends (still working on the making new friends thing), I didn't want to leave the house... I told myself and everyone else that I only wanted to keep to the close group of friends that I had because I didn't NEED any more friends.
Now, I am louder, bolder, braver, awesomer, littler and so much friendlier than I was before. I'm still crazy, obnoxious, and a little bit of a bitch -- okay, maybe a big bit of a bitch but I accept me and all of me for who I am now... fortunately or unfortunately for the rest of the world, I really dig who I am as a person.
I'm not sure if all of this can be attributed to the weight loss as I'm also a young twenty-something who is coming into her own but those who've known me for a bit have definitely seen me "come out of my shell" [I don't think I ever had a shell but whatever] a bit more.
Q: What do you say to those who think you're a little too confident... cocky even?
A: I say, it took me a long time to get to this place and I am who I am. My confidence doesn't affect my ability to love others and be a good friend and at the end of the day that's what's most important to me.
Q: Is maintenance hard?
A: I can see this being a controversial question as the answer will vary from person to person. I find maintenance very easy. Losing weight was hard; second guessing food for POINTS was sometimes annoying. I eat whatever my little heart desires and have found some sort of balance. I attribute the ease of maintenance to the time it took to lose the weight. I spent a year and a half building really good habits and subsequently shrinking my stomach. I can't hold a lot of food in this stomach of mine anymore so it makes it easy to quit while I'm ahead.
Q: Do you have an "cheat" or "splurge" day?
A: Everyday is a cheat day lol. There is nothing that is off limits to me. The goal for me, is limiting the amount of unhealthy food in one sitting. Say what? That means if I decide to stop at McDonalds for breakfast, I'll have an Egg McMuffin but I'll get apple slices and a green tea (no sugar) as a side. Also, if I've somehow managed to find myself at the diner by my work that has amazing fries & gravy and charbroiled burgers... my dinner that night will be lighter. I love food and I'll pretty much eat anything. My pallet was also conditioned at a very young age for fast food -- my mum was playing varsity volleyball so we'd stop at McDonalds after school and grab food before heading to practice. You work with what you've got.
Q: Quick! What are you listening to right now - Top 5 songs:
A: 1. Woohoo - Christina Aguilera Feat. Nicki Minaj
2. My Love is Like... Wo - Mya
3. Ride - Ciara (My goal is to re-create this video... if you're easily offended or if you lack rhythm don't watch... you may cry a little on the inside)
4. Heart Attack - Lloyd
5. Find Your Love - Drake (CA-NA-DA!)
Q: What song best describes you at the moment?
A: Vanity - Christina Aguilera
Q: Are you still trying to lose weight?
A: I quibble with this often... I really don't care about the number anymore but I wouldn't mind losing a few inches. I don't know if I have the energy to continue trying to lose weight... I suppose we'll see what happens.
Q: What is your favourite healthy food discovery?
A: Blue Diamond Crunchy Almond Butter!
Q: Finish this sentence: When I go to the gym, I...
A: Hit up a group exercise class or jump on the Stairmaster.
Q: I know this is personal and you don't have to answer if you don't want to but where did Greg go?
A: I suppose I never did address it on the blog but Greg and I broke up in December. It was hard but amicable. I've changed a lot over the last three years and was in a different place in my life. He's an awesome person, genuinely one of the nicest people I've ever known.
Q: Celtics or Lakers?
A: PHOENIX! haha... Since my team is out, I'm on the Celtics bandwagon.
That's all for tonight... I'm pooped!








2 comments:
You look great Allie, i ike the Q&A TOO.
Great post! I love yoga too. I did it a couple years back, but I've started again. It's amazing. I'm mostly doing hot yoga.
Post a Comment