Teacher's College is INSANE... Not hard but tedious as hell. I am trying to sort out the chaos in my mind. It's only day two and I'm severely overwhelmed. They keep reminding us that this is professional school and in no way like our undergrad. I have class everyday from 9-4... I'm crying on the inside.
I literally have 0 time to breathe or eat let alone blog. Truly sorry but I can't only promise sporadic posts, at best.
I'm not allowed to eat in class... 'nough said. Insert unimpressed face here __. Rest assured I'm still eating well just not nearly as often. I made a delicious Quinoa salad with chickpeas, spinach and cucumbers yesterday... oh yes, I've still got it. With that said I'm absolutely ravenous by the end of the day on my way home. I feel like I want to gnaw off my bloody arm. I will make it through this year, I will make it through this year.
I successfully transitioned into my new role as leader for a Weight Watcher's meeting near home. My members are awesome. One came up to me after my meeting and said it was the best meeting she'd been to. Holla!
I have also been hired back at the University for another round of Liaison. High school students here I come! Teacher Candidate AND Liaison Officer.
Um.. did I mention I'm swamped? Full time student with 2 jobs... again, I'm crying on the inside.
Oh and last but certainly not least... Bf's mum (whom I swear is my guardian angel) is flying me out to Spain as a gift to him. He doesn't know yet so we'll surprise him sometime next week for his birthday. I'm heading out at the end of October for a few days. I technically am not allowed to miss any school but I'm leaving a Thursday and returning on a Monday. I only miss Friday because that week I have an independent study day. So um ya, I'M GOING TO SPAIN!!! I haven't read my own blog in a bit so I'm not even sure if I mentioned the awesomeness that is BFs fam. They have welcomed me into their family so warmly and are the best extended family I could ask for. I fit so well.
Anyway I have to be up at the friggin' crack of dawn tomorrow to be downtown Toronto for 8:30 a.m. Who the $%*& schedules a @#$%ing class at 8:30 a.m. when the majority of the students coming in live a good 40 plus minutes away sans traffic. For anyone who lives in the GTA, you must feel my pain... who the @#$* wants to travel on the #$%&ing Gardner in the #@$&ing morning? Life is good, I swear.








2 comments:
You can do it! School is definitely tough, especially with two jobs, but just think of the payoff in the end.
Congrats on that HUGE compliment as a WW leader, that's amazing. :)
Have a BLAST in Spain!
Oh Allie how I miss your posts! I'm happy for you with just about EVERYTHING that's going on in your life! Temporary sacrifice for long term gain :-D
Post a Comment