Thursday, 24 March 2011

"Yellow Model Chick"

It's been 10 months since I reached my goal weight. 10 months is not very long but I've managed to hold it together thus far. Last time I posted I mentioned I was up a bit in my weight, which I was. I got it together and got right back down to my happy weight.

There was no magic trick - I literally practiced common sense and moderation, the same thing I say in my meetings all the time. There are no magic tricks to weight loss and hitting goal doesn't magically cure everything.

I still have moments in time where I'm eating out far too often and the only exercise I'm getting is the stirring of risotto and hollandaise for eggs Benedict but the tools that I've obtained over the past few years have helped me keep it together.

That is what you need to remember. Even though the scale refuses to budge sometimes and you think you're failing, the tools that you're acquiring are helping you keep somewhat in check. Without them, you'd likely continue gaining in rapid speed.

To reward myself for good behaviour, I got my hair done!


COLOURR!!! I feel so pretty.

Last weekend I went out salsa dancing for my cousin's stagette. It was a great time.


I bought that dress last summer and never wore it. It fit last summer but this spring it looks totally hot! It's amazing what an additional 10 lbs can do for you.

I'm not going to lie, I feel great right now but I'd like to tone up a bit more. I don't particularly care about the number on the scale but summer is coming and the bikini is making an appearance soon. I'm headed to Spain in 3 weeks and Greece in 4 months! Time to shape it up.

Here we go!

5 comments:

Alexia said...

I absolutely love that color on you! Gorge!

Nicky @ Eat, Run, Read said...

I LOVE that dress! So stunning!

Congrats on 10 months of maintenance and here's to toning up for summer! :)

Anonymous said...

You are so pretty!

Congrats on the 10 month anniversary

Erin said...

Lovely hair Allie! Did you go salsa dancing at Lula? Looks like it from the pic :)

Candace Best said...

<3 your hair and dress!r