Thursday, 2 June 2011

abcdefood

I have a million and one things to post about including product reviews that still need to be done but life has been busy and ch-ch-ch-changes are a commin'. I'll get to all of that the next time I post... for now, enjoy what I enjoy.

Thanks Andrea!

A is for Apple, what’s your favorite variety?

Pink Lady - Clearly I'm a manufactured kind of gal!

B: is for Bread, regardless of nutrition, calories, or whole grains what is your favorite type to have a nice big piece of?
Oh my goodness, you're going to make me pick? Can I choose 3? 1. Fresh Sourdough (the loaf, not sliced bread), 2. Any kind of Foccacia 3. A good French Croissant (regular, cheese or chocolate).

C: is for Cereal what is your favorite kind currently (just one!)
Cap'n Crunch (Don't you dare judge!)

D: is for Doughnuts, you might not currently be eating them but what kind do you fancy?
Sour Cream Glazed Timbits (doughnut holes for the Americans). I can't eat an entire doughnut... I am the girl that goes through the Tim Hortons drive-thru and order 2 Timbits.

E: is for Eggs, how would you like yours prepared?
Benedict please but I will never order it at a restaurant. Hollandaise is too easy to mess up and restaurants tend to do it all the time. I make my own!

F: is for Fat Free, what is your favorite fat free product?
I just don't even venture there...

G: is for Groceries, where do you purchase yours at?
Sobeys

H: is for Hot Beverages, what is your favorite hot drink?
Starbucks Vanilla Steamer and not the Fat-Free, Sugar-Free, No Whip Kind either!

I: is for Ice Cream, pick a favorite flavor and add a fun topping.
Vanilla Soft Serve with a brownie underneath! hahaha Does that count?

J: is for Jams or Jellies, do you eat them, and if so what kind and flavor?
JAM! Strawberry with no chunks or seeds thank you very much.

K: is for Kashi, name your favorite Kashi product?
Kashi Go Lean Crunch... 'I Put that Sh*t on Everything!'

L: is for Lunch, what was yours today?
Sushi and lots of it - assorted nigiri, 3 mini tuna rolls, 3 california rolls and a salmon skin hand roll. Spicy Mayo on the side! Holla! To drink? Ocean Spray Cran-Grape Juice... omg it's to die for and my dentist bill can attest to this.

M: is for microwave, what is your favorite microwave meal/snack?
Popcorn forever and always.

N: is for nutrients, do you like carbs, fats, or proteins best?
Protein, I feel like my body craves it.

O: is for oil, what kind do you like to use?
Olive oil

P: is for protein, how do you get yours?
I'm carnivorous! I like meat of all sorts but I'll get down on some legumes and lentils if the mood strikes. I don't typically roll with tofu although I no longer pick it out of my miso soup so that's progress.

Q: is for Quaker, how do you like your oats?
I never thought I'd see the day when I got to discuss how I like my oats. To be quite honest, I like my oats overnight. 1/3 Cup oats and a sprinkling of chia seeds and flax meal soaked in 1/3 cup of 1% milk and half of an Activia yogurt cup. In the morning I top with fresh strawberries, slivered almonds and some type of granola.

R: is for roasting, what is your favorite thing to roast?
I don't know if I love roasting... I'm not a big roaster.

S: is for sandwich, what’s your favorite kind?
Anything with grilled chicken and some kind of delicious dressing.

T: is for travel, how do you handle eating while traveling?
I eat what I want but only until I'm satisfied. I try not to overindulge in the sense that I don't want to feel stuffed when I'm done.

U: is for unique, what is one of your weirdest food combos?
McDonalds French Fries and Ice Cream. Anchovies and Pineapple on Pizza. There are many more but for the life of me I can't think of them.

V: is for vitamins, what kind do you take?
A Multi-Vitamin, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12 and Folic Acid

W: is for wasabi, yay or nay?
Yay... but I put my wasabi right into my soy sauce. None of that smearing on sushi business for me.

X: is for XRAY. if we xrayed your belly right now, what food would we see?
Grilled Steak, Fried Potatoes and a Salad with red peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and goat cheese. Oh and my Cran-Grape Ocean Spray!

Y: is for youth, what food reminds you of your childhood?
McDonalds Nuggets... enough said.

Z: is for zucchini, how do you prepare it?
Totally stolen from Amy, I do the whole zucchini boat thing but I giv'er on the toppings. I throw whatever I can into them, grill them again and then top it with a ranch + hot sauce combo.

Now I'm hungry again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED reading this, I could picture exactly how you would say certain things if I was sitting in front of you :)