Wednesday, 7 September 2011

30 Days of Blogging Challenge - Day 6

Today's Post: Favorite super hero and why...

Uh oh, I think we've hit a little snag in my blogging adventure. I don't 'do' superheroes so I don't exactly have an answer for this question.

At the risk of performing yet another cop out, I'm going to say my madre.

My mum is my favourite superhero. When I was 4 and decided to try shaving for the first time, she was there to nurse my bloody arm back to health and tell me everything would be alright even though I should've gotten a spanking. When I was 9, she was there to make me strong when children on the playground were calling me Shamoo. When I was 15-22, she was there to nurse every broken heart with dinner, a movie and a smart-ass remark about men being the devil incarnate. Now that I am 24, she still lets me curl up under her arm on the couch and sob uncontrollably when everything around me seems to be too hard to manage. She is my best friend, my homeslice, my guardian angel, my Mum, Mommy and Ma.



No comments: