Saturday, 13 June 2009

Countdown to Oatmeal

You want to know a secret? I'm not a fan of oatmeal. I mean I don't hate it but I definitely don't love it. I think the only thing that I like about it is that it fills me up for hours. I'm more of a porridge kind of girl... cornmeal to be exact. It's a Jamaican thing... and I'm half Jamaican.

In the spirit of trying new things, which seems to be my life's theme these days, I am going to re-try an oatmeal breakfast.

I have some new ingredients and a new method of cooking. I'm still debating about whether or not I should purchase some almond butter. I have a few more hours to decide... Sobeys is open 24 hours.

I'm really hoping for a good oatmeal experience. I would love to add a new menu item to my breakfast regime.

Wish me luck!

Thanks for Reading.

xoxo

3 comments:

Crystal said...

I've never liked oatmeal, until a little over a year ago. We went camping and it was cold out so we had oatmeal, I loved it. I find my taste buds change a lot and things I once hated I now love.

Best of luck with your oatmeal experience :)

Anonymous said...

buy the almond butter!!!!!! sooo goood in oatmeallll

Angela Power said...

I had to try it at LEAST 15 times before discovering the secret: IT'S ALL IN THE TOPPINGS! AND you've got to cook a half of a banana right IN the oatmeal. And the best part is eating it with a nut butter on your spoon = AWESOME, especially if you add a few chocolate chips :-)