Thursday, 25 June 2009

For the love of food!

I had some excellent eats today.

My funky mood is on an upswing thanks to the ladies on the WW message boards... specifically the Awesome 20s group. I actually laughed my tush off in front of my computer posting and reading posts.

I've already posted breakfast for today so I'll continue with lunch. I had 2 Vietnamese style salad rolls with a cup of miso soup. It was absolutely delish. My rolls were not strong enough to survive a cut in half. They practically fell apart but they were still delicious.





What's in 'em?
- Vermicelli Noodles
- Lettuce
- Alfalfa Sprouts
- Shrimp
All wrapped up in rice paper. Yum!



Dinner = BBQ'd Beef Tenderloin + Asparagus + Green Beans sauteed in soy sauce.

It was pretty good but after dessert I realized that I would've given up my entire dinner for a bigger dessert. It was so damn good!



I call this concoction Banana Coconut Mash!

- 1/2 Banana
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Dash of Coconut Extract
- 1 tbsp Corn Flakes
- 1 tbsp vanilla ice cream

I sliced half of a banana into a small bowl and added the cinnamon and coconut extract. I microwaved the bananas for 30 seconds and when they came out I mashed them with a fork (you could leave them in the melty chunks that they are). I crumbled 1 tbsp of Corn Flakes and then topped it with 1 tbsp of ice cream.

It was the perfect small but flavourful dessert. I will for sure be having this tomorrow.

Yum food!

Thanks for reading.

xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that dessert sounds so yummy!!

♥AbbeyMaybe said...

Your food always looks so delicious...
How do you do it!
GAH!
(goes back to her blog where cooking hardly happens..)
:(

YUM!