Friday, 26 June 2009

Sunny with a Chance of Showers

I start my contract position with my University in August (I'm going back to school next year - 2010). I'm excited that I will have some income coming in but at the same time I'm going to miss being at home and having all of this flexibility with my schedule. I get to enjoy lunches right out of the oven and workout when I feel like it.

The position requires that I undergo some training with the two other people that hold the same position. We're going out to London, ON for training. I've known about this training for a while but it hit me the other day when my new boss asked me about any dietary concerns for our trip. I didn't even realize that I'd be gone from Tuesday - Friday staying in a hotel. Needless to say, this is going to be a very interesting challenge for me. I'm obviously going to pack snacks so that I'm not waiting to be provided with food and I'll just have to make the best choices I can for breakfast, lunch and dinner. See, this would be the perfect time for me to like Oatmeal because I could simply bring that and eat it in the morning.

I'm hoping that we stay in a hotel with a pool and or gym so I could make full use of them but I doubt it so I'm going to bring along my laptop and some workout dvds.

It's a whole month away... I'll figure it out by then.

Now onto the good stuff.... FOOD!

Breakfast: Same as yesterday - I'm really loving the Kashi, Almond Milk and Almond Butter combo.



Lunch: Veggie Tortilla Pizza + 1 Point Worth of Grapes



This was one of the best lunches ever. Veggie pizza's can easily end up being flavourless and boring but the combination of flavours used on the pizza made it sing!

Veggie Tortilla Pizza
- 1 Large Tortilla
- 1 tbsp Pizza Sauce
- 1 tbsp Molisana Green Olive Pate
- Roasted Garlic
- Sprinkle of Green Onions
- 2 points worth of Kraft Tex Mex Cheese
- Zucchini
- Spinach
- Red Bell Peppers
- 1 tsp olive oil

I started by making the roasted garlic (I had bulb of garlic that wasn't being used). I cut off the top of the garlic and drizzled 1 tsp of olive oil and a dash of kosher salt over the top. I wrapped it up in aluminum foil and baked it in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. You don't need the roasted garlic but I love the nutty flavour of it and it was a welcome addition to the pizza.

Once the garlic was done I topped the pizza with all of the ingredients listed above and baked it in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes. I topped with with 1 tbsp of tzatziki and voila... Veggie Tortilla Pizza. So good and very flavourful.

Who knows what dinner will be but dessert will definitely be Banana Coconut Mash!

Thanks for reading.

xoxo

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Your pizza looks soooooo good!! Have fun when you make your way to London for training ... I'm original from that area :)

Anonymous said...

hey! how many points for that pizz? curious as id like to make one :):) (i have the online points thing..but im just lazy right now) haha I\m also curious to know how other people spend their points (less cheese..more cheese...etc etc)

Allie said...

Thanks Crystal!

Joc - The pizza was 6 points but I drizzled 1 tsp of olive oil on top to get my oils in so that made it 7.

I used a regular cheese and not a part-skimmed so you could probably make an even lighter pizza if you did that.

The points came from:
The tortilla
The Olive Pate
The Cheese
The Olive Oil

Anonymous said...

oh wow! That pizza looks fantastic!!

I am sure you will work everything out while you're away from home
:-) people with determination and drive always do.