Sunday, 12 July 2009

Recipe Reno - Drinks on the Patio

Yesterday I took a trip to the bookstore only to "stumble" upon Starbucks. I decided to get a Tazo® Passion™ Shaken Iced Tea Lemonade. It was absolutely delicious and refreshing. While I would love to get one of these everyday my budget says otherwise.

Soooo... I decided to recreate my own Iced Tea Lemonade... this recipe renovation is not so much for your waist as it is for your wallet. I even put it in my Starbucks cup for fun!


Allie's Stirred, Not Shaken, Iced Tea Lemonade
(70 Cal for 2 Servings - 2 Tall Starbucks cups)

- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Single Serve Packet of Lemonade Powder (you can use Crystal Light... I used Country Time Lemonade - it's more calories because it's sweetened with actual sugar; I don't like the taste of sweetener)
- 1 Tetley Mango Passionfruit Acai Green Tea (or any tea of your choosing)
- A few ice cubes

Add all of the ingredients to a cup... give it a stir and voila... Iced Tea Lemonade that'll save you some cash.

I hope you guys enjoy this drink as much as I do! It's great for BBQs or even just hanging around in the heat.

I ejoyed mine today with lunch: Chorizo and Part Skim Provolone Sandwich + Jalapenito Chips + Cucumbers (M.I.A but I did eat them!)


Thanks for reading.

xoxo

2 comments:

H-woman said...

Did you make the fancy-schmancy tea from a tea bag?

Looks yummy!

H =)

Allie said...

I did indeed use a tea bag. They're so easy and I'm a tea addict so I always have a few kicking around.