Tuesday, 14 July 2009

You Want Colour? I'll Show You Colour!

Let's set the scene shall we?

Saturday morning I go to weigh in and weigh in at 189.4 - Great, but I also drop 1 food point. Last night (Monday), I look at my points only to realize I've eaten well into my extra weekly points and now only have 8 left. I usually eat about half of my weekly points; I find when I eat any more than that my weight doesn't budge. So at 9:00 p.m. I take a trip to the grocery store to prep myself for the rest of the week.

...some simple goodies to accompany what I already have at home. I had planned on doing a pancake recipe reno but it kinda didn't happen. The pancakes got made but the reno part kind of took a backseat as I just started trying to create something fun.

Insert pureed fruits and veggies here... thank you hand blender!

They turned into 3 delicious pancake batters

- Blueberry Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Green Whole Wheat Monster Pancakes
- Strawberry Whole Wheat Pancakes

I don't know how I got through making this large batch of pancakes but I did!

Here is 1 serving of pancakes - Allie's Leaning Tower of Fruit Pancakes!

...And on the inside... Blue + Red(ish) + Green + Yellow (Banana's are hidden but they're there)

Pretty cool eh?

Here's my recommendation for a recipe - Use your regular pancake recipe and add some pureed fruits or vegetables - that's all I did. I used a family pancake recipe and tweaked it with the substitution of Bob's Red Mill Organic Whole Wheat Flour and some Almond Breeze

My favourite were the blueberry pancakes! They were sweet without being overwhelming.

Thanks for reading.

xoxo

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Great tip! They look so colorful! I sometimes add fruit chunks to the batter.

Find the Hearts said...

Those pancakes look so good! And nice to know that's REAL colour from REAL food not food colouring! :)

Annika said...

haha!!

So fun!

Anonymous said...

looks so cool!!!!!!!

L. said...

yummy! your pancakes look fantastic. I will have to try that