Saturday, 22 August 2009

Hitting My Stride

Another Saturday with no weigh-in. I really love weighing in so it's kind of a weird feeling not to. I hopefully get paid next Friday so I'll be weighing in next Saturday.

The more my body changes the more comfortable I get with my smaller size. This hasn't been the best thing for me because I've also found myself getting a little too comfortable in my food and fitness routine.

Today I decided to make a conscious effort to shock my body. The basement reno is ongoing so my treadmill is still hidden away. I had planned to sleep in this morning as I've been running on empty since last week. My body had other plans; I woke up at 8:30 this morning and headed to the gym. I work at a University so I have free access to the gym.

I did 30 minutes on the Stairmaster and oh my goodness I thought I was going to die. After 6 minutes I wanted to quit but I just kept telling myself that I was doing this for a better me. I cracked open this lovely book that I picked up from the library.


I know I'm late reading this but better late than never right? I was so interested in the book that I kept pumping away on the Stairmaster and before I knew it I only had 10 minutes left. Then I just kept pushing until it was over. I was a sweaty mess.

Post Stairmaster I did 30 minutes of rowing which was a cool challenge. Literally every time I pulled the rowing bar a big gust of wind cooled me down.

I then did some strength training with a Bosu and medicine ball. Overall it was a fantastic workout and a great way to start my day. I will be heading back tomorrow morning!

After I finished working out I was famished and it was 10:30 so I was just at the tail end of breakfast and the beginning of lunch. I decided on a roasted chicken sub from Subway; I was going to get veggie but my body was screaming for protein.

Now I have some cleaning to do and some work related things to take care of.

Thanks for reading.

xoxo

4 comments:

♥AbbeyMaybe said...

Good god, woman, you are a tank.
After 30 minutes on the exercise bike, I was done!!
You're awesome. And!! Don't worry, you'll weigh in soon!
I think I may weigh myself at the gym even though I'll be in clothes. I no longer own a scale at the house, and I think it's doing me more damage than good! AUGH.

♥

misssarahlou said...

Awesome workout - and wtg on getting up and getting yourself to the gym on a saturday morning when you were hoping for a sleep in.

Find the Hearts said...

You are an exercise machine!! Holy! Good for you!!

Nicci said...

I think your doing great. keep it up girlie.