Thursday, 24 September 2009

So Long, Farewell...

So I'm off again... I'm not going far but I will be away from home from today until Sunday. I can't imagine having a job that requires a lot of travel as a career. It's too much for me. I just got back and already I'm off again. Staying in hotels loses is glamour real fast. Thank goodness I get to come home on Sunday. My two other co-workers are off on a high school tour and their bus leaves Sunday right after we close shop on the fair. I'm pretty sure I would've started crying if that were me.


This weekend in Toronto is going to be jam packed and lots more eating out. I have a funny feeling that I am going to be maintaining a lot over the next few weeks. Tonight I'm going out to a staff dinner with my small team - 6-8 of us... tomorrow I am going out to meet with some lovely WW ladies and on Saturday we have a huge staff dinner that involves almost every important person at the University.

I am just waiting for next weekend to come so I can have some time to myself.

It's still early so I don't have much to say about today yet. Buuuutttt.... yesterday I had my last presentation of the week out in Burlington and I totally forgot to eat. I was rushing out of the house and forgot to grab breakfast (naughty girl) and then when I got home I was rushing around doing some last minute tidying since I knew Greg was coming by and before I knew it, it was 1:30 and I hadn't eaten a thing. I finally did end up eating... Greg ordered us Swiss Chalet and I thoroughly enjoyed every bite of my meal.



I was planning on having soup for dinner until my mum came home with ground beef and potatoes and proclaimed she was making homemade burgers and fries! In most houses ground beef and potatoes would equal Sheppard's pie but not in my house... we eat the fun stuff! haha

I'm totally telling this story out of order but whatever... My lovely boy surprised me with roses yesterday when he got to my house. What a guy! Then my mum came home with 3 bottles of Rose... Roses + Rose (I know I'm missing the accent on the e). It was like friggin Christmas!


Food yesterday was fantastic and I promised myself never to deprive my body of food ever again even if by accident.

Alrighty folks, I still have some packing left to do. No one is allowed to bring their laptops down this weekend so no posts from me until I get back. :(






Edit 12:41 p.m.:
I am packed and just about ready to head out the door!
Yes I have pink luggage and it's super girly! I also packed some snacks so that I don't start slapping people in a hungry rampage.

I went to Shoppers for shampoo and conditioner... I came out with those two items AND tweezers, Pop chips (single serve bags have arrived), Clif Bars and headbands. I nearly walked out with a book and magazine until I checked myself! Shoppers Drug Mart = Devil. I can never walk out with the single item I went in for.

p.p.s. Isn't my purse so DIVA? I lurve it. The print is faboosh! The material is totally fake (it's like plastic) so fear not... no Giraffe's were harmed in the making of this purse.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I have to travel next week also, its always a worry when you have a little momentum going.

Youre such a lucky girl to get such lovely gifts! Enjoy them all!

Unknown said...

Have a good trip! :)

You got showered with Roses of all kinds! :)

H-woman said...

I love both the pink luggage and the giraffe bag!!

Have a great weekend. I agree, Shoppers = Evil.

H =)