Saturday, 17 October 2009

Caught Up!

I decided to take yesterday and today to relax and catch up on some much needed sleep. When I look back on my week I don't know how I survived. Working 12 hrs a day really takes the life out of you. As tiring as it was I wouldn't trade it for anything; I love talking to students, parents and guidance councilors. I also had a chance to mix and mingle with representatives from the other 21 Universities - I love meeting new people and making new friends. It was a fantastic and tiring week.

I FINALLY weighed in today after not weighing in since September 19th. I am EXTREMELY HAPPY to announce that I've only gained 1.6 lbs in that time. I know gaining is not what I'm aiming to do but with all of the traveling combined with thanksgiving I was sure I'd put on 5 lbs. I can and will easily knock of 1.6 lbs and continue to go down from there.

I have no doubt that I will get to my goal, it' just going to take me some time. I've made some really good habits in the last 10 months that will help me get to where I need to be. Hell, I've lost just over 30 lbs and I'm really proud of that.

I picked up two goodies at my meeting today to help steer me along the path to nuddy-pants(ness).

I used to use e-tools all the time because I used to sit at the computer all day but now that I'm traveling I figured I should invest in another 3 month tracker so I have no excuse not to track. I was starting to get a bit lazy with my tracking.

So far today I've tracked:

Activia Vanilla Yogurt with All Bran Buds & Craisins + 1/2 Apple (I shared the slices with my brother).


Sushi!!! Tuna Rolls + Spicy Tuna Rolls + Crab Hand Roll + Salmon Hand Roll. My mum sent me on an errand to get her and my brother Fish & Chips. I had that a few weekends ago and figured I really didn't need to eat it this soon again so I picked up another type of fish. I enjoyed every bite.


As I mentioned in an earlier post, I ate a lot of salad while on the road this week. My hotel in St. Catharines was gorgeous and even had a bowling alley in the hotel. We had a break in between our second and third school of the day so we checked in and some folks went out for food. I stayed in my room and ordered room service. I ordered the Warm Goat Cheese Salad.


This salad was AMAZING. It had so much flavour and the phyllo wrapped goat cheese was to die for. I'm guessing it wasn't a very POINTS friendly dish but it was exactly what I needed after eating loads of pasta, sandwiches and pizza.

As always, I am so happy to be home! I'm currently trying to catch up on all of your blogs. It's quite the challenge.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep scanning back and forth between the sushi and the goat cheese salad. I cannot for the life of me decide which one is sexier.

Is that wrong? *cheeky grin*

Nicci said...

I like your new journal. Great way to keep track of eats. I have a pocket size journal for my purse.

Anonymous said...

Allie,
I'll post more info soon, but its definitely going to be October 30th in Toronto. I'll give you the details soon!
kerry