Sunday, 1 November 2009

How ya feelin'? Hot Hot Hot!

Yesterday when I posted, I was feeling optimistic about the week ahead with no clear plans as to how I would make it better than the last.

The wonderful Ashley left me a message asking what I was going to do to see a loss this week in the midst of my crazy life. To be honest, I hadn't thought about any of that and figured I would do exactly what I always do and hope for the best. I then started thinking about all the ways I could improve my week so that I would see a loss on the scale:
  1. Get back to cooking! Find some new recipes and spice things up a bit.
  2. Pack a lunch - It's tastier and CHEAPER!
  3. Focus on filling foods and getting in the healthy guidelines.
  4. Exercise: Make time for at least 15 minutes... something is better than nothing.
  5. Prioritize and eliminate: Some things NEED to get done and others can WAIT.
So there you have it folks. Those 5 points are my goals for the week. I intend to fulfill them and see a loss on Saturday.

This morning I was up bright and early to attend a hot yoga class with my aunt. A little background: My aunt was my first Weight Watchers buddy and was the person who introduced me to WW. She's kept off 20 of the 30 lbs she lost in 2007 and is really trying to get back at it. She's got a fair bit of weight to lose and I'm trying to help in any way I can. So... when she mentioned hot yoga yesterday I was all over it not only for my sake but to make sure she actually went. The verdict? Difficult but AMAZING! That's number 4 checked off for today. My aunt has no desire to go back she's a Billy Blanks kind of girl but I like the way I felt when it was over so I'm hoping to go again for more hot torture. It's a little out of the way so I think I may just go to a location closer to home; there's a studio 5-10 minutes away from my house.

I also crossed 1 and 3 off of my list today with dinner. I was still craving Mexican after Friday's dinner so I decided to make some of my own.

I'm obsessed with these:


Sprouted Corn Tortillas that I picked up from Whole Foods. They are more flavourful than plain flour tortillas.

I toasted them in the oven and topped them like they were tostadas.


They were topped with:
  • Chicken breast + red, yellow and green peppers sauteed in 1 tsp of olive oil
  • Beans
  • Cheese
  • Crushed tomatoes
  • sour cream
It was a delightful and filling dinner, all for 8 POINTS. I weighed and measured everything so that the POINTS were where I wanted them. Depending on the amount of chicken, beans, sour cream and cheese you use the POINTS will vary.

As soon as I figure out what I'm packing, I'll go make my lunch for tomorrow. I'm thinking tuna... I haven't had it in a while.

I want to send a huge thank you to Ashley for being an amazing leader even when I'm not at the Carrot. Your words are always timely and caring... even if you don't intend it.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Ashley is amazing isn't she. She just knows what to say to make you feel good about your choices!!

Best of luck with your busy week, your 5 goals look great!!

I look forward to meeting you at the next Toronto Blogger Get Together :)

Unknown said...

I finally stepped away from my Reader to comment. Ha!! I'm sorry about the gain, but you had such a great attitude about it. Your goals look attainable and your tortilla looks really yummy :-)

It was nice meeting you on Friday and maybe I'll see you at one of Ash's meetings!

Ashley Gibson said...

Your 5 goals for the week sound realistic and achievable - especially after a successful day today!! Keep up the amazing work :)

I figure a virtual kick in your nuddy pants is better than none at all. Glad that I can be of assistance xo

arcellgonzalez said...

I have thought that I will follow your steps that you have shared over here. The image of that great tasty and spicy recipe is just awesome.