You see... this is my 200th post and I didn't want to waste it on a quick update of how my day went. So let's start my saying HAPPY 200th POST TO ME! I've come a long way in 200 posts and herein lies a bit of the experiment.
After delving deeper into the world of nutrition after my Nutrition and Wellness Specialist course I started to reassess the food choices I was making. In the last little bit I've started to make some questionable food choices for the sake of saving POINTS. Uh oh! In all my time with Weight Watchers that has never been an issue but I think flirting with the last 10 lbs has made me a little desperate.
So for the next few weeks I've decided to stop tracking and focus on whole foods as best I can. This has been pretty hard for me as I'm a diligent tracker. Last week was my first week of the experiment and I thought I had failed miserably. However when I weighed in at 170.6 (down 0.4) I was more than thrilled to see that I could still lose weight without the formula. It'll probably go a lot slower but I'm willing to take that risk for a few weeks.
My goal in all of this is to find a little bit of balance. It's all very new to me so I'm still working through the kinks.
So that's all I have to say about that (Forrest Gump anyone?)
On Saturday the T.O. Bloggies and I shuffled it to Kat's house for a Pot Luck and Clothing Swap! This was the BEST idea we've had yet for a get together. Look at all of the clothes just waiting to be swaped!
I walked out with more clothes than I thought I would thanks to Kate and her awesome wardrobe. I may or may not have walked out with 2 short skirts that show a lot of my legs! I'm so excited. It was fun and exciting just to hear all of the "OMG It fits" comments. We're all a lot smaller than we realize and I'm so proud of each and every one of us. We are some hot ladies!
Of course, what is a pot luck and clothing swap without FOOD? We all brought dishes and labeled them with the points values so that everyone could enjoy while still being accountable.
I practiced 0 portion control as I inhaled the majority of Kat's tapenade! Yep, I'm pretty sure 3/4 of this plate are in my tummy. It was SOOOOO YUMMY!
I made sure to fill my glass multiple times with lots of water with a slice of Lemon since Kat is the hostess with the mostest!
This was our delicious spread! I brought Quinoa and Spinach (bottom left) and Sweet Potato and Squash Bake (right beside the Quinoa) both Weight Watchers recipes and both very delicious!
This was my plate: 1 peice of vegetable lasagna (ala Erin) + 1/4 cup Quinoa & Spinach + 6 meatballs (ala Andrea) + 1/4 cup of Sweet Potato and Squash Bake + Pasta Salad with Arugula + Spoonful of Carrot Salad (ala Enz) + Raw veggies.
And what's dinner without dessert? Kate and Kerry brought amazing desserts. I wanted to clean my plate but my tummy said otherwise so I stopped. Yes ladies, I really wish I had taken desserts home now... :( haha
I heart these ladies. It was a fantastic way to spend a Saturday night. Wish I could see you all more often.








6 comments:
Happy 200th!
Sounds like the perfect evening, friends, food and clothing exchange! new to you clothes can be so inspiring!
happy 200th post! A clothing swap sounds like such a neat idea. Glad you had fun :):)
Happy 200th!!
It was great meeting with you all again.
HAPPY 200TH!!!!!!!! looks like you guys had a blast! :)
i've found the same thing on my WW journey. the change came for me when i realized i had stopped losing weight - even though i was still in my points - simply because i was eating too much of what i like to call, "crap food." now i still track using points but i don't consider it a free ticket to eat "whatever i want." i just use it to keep myself accountable. after all, even healthy stuff still has (worthwhile) calories. i could OD on almond butter every day, for sure!
you'll have to show us some of your new whole-food eats!
Happy 200th Post!
I've always wanted to do a clothing swap party with friends. I may have to try this!
I've definitely made questionable food choices to save points!! Good for you for focusing on whole foods :)
Post a Comment