Saturday, 30 October 2010

España 2010

I was in Spain for a week visiting the BF. The original plan was for me to stay only for a few days but I extended my trip to make it a week long trip. It still wasn't long enough.

Have you ever had a moment when you knew you were exactly where you wanted to be in life? I had that moment in Spain as BF and I walked up from the metro into the beautiful city that is Barcelona. I swear it was everything my dreams are made of.

I am in the best possible place in my life that I can be at this moment.

I don't even think about food anymore, in a good way. I've never been the obsessive compulsive type but food blogging made me hyper aware all the time of what I was eating. I've now learned to listen to my body signals - eating when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm full. I make the best possible choices based on where I am and what I'm doing and I treat myself. I believe I have found the balance I've been looking for.

I don't structure my exercise or even plan it out. I'm active everyday. Remember a time when people didn't exercise, they just lived active healthy lives? It's doable.

My weight is holding steady. It fluctuates but I think 160 is my happy weight. I thought for a while that I may want to push for 150 and see what happens but I'm perfectly happy with my body now. My curves are simply part of what makes me beautiful.

Aren't these roses gorgeous? Sometimes I get a little spoiled.

In Spain we walked everywhere and enjoyed food when we were hungry... no needless snacking or overeating.


Sangria! Oh yes, a giant fishbowl full of it.


And Foooood!

I thoroughly enjoyed everything I ate. I need more of Barcelona. The plan is to go back in March. I'm hoping it all works out.



Adios!

4 comments:

Alexia said...

aiiiiii.
a girl, a boy, a foreign country=could anything be more romantic?!
glad you had a fab time.
and thanks for making me jealous.

oh, and i love reading about how at peace you are with your weight and eating. be well!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time!
<3

Nicci said...

Happy to see you in my GReader. Looks like you had a great time.

Yum Yucky said...

It looks like a great time. And your happy-positive attitude is awesome. :)