I started Friday off celebrating my bestie's birthday at Wild Wing!
We feasted on a wing sampler that we didn't end up finishing.
On Saturday I made my way to Toronto for the Santa Shuffle. For those of you who've already read Andrea and Kat's recap of the race you're probably just itching to find out why I was M.I.A.
Grab some snacks and pull up a chair... this one's going to take a while.
Let's begin shall we?
I got up early, had breakfast, showered, got dressed and Google mapped the location. I left at 8:45 so that way I'd arrive at 9:15. I got off the highway at 9:10 and knew I was about 5 minutes away. WRONG! Google Maps took me on a depressing tour of the Bridle Path (upscale mansions in Toronto) and then landed me on a dead end street which was supposed to be my destination. I tried to make my way out of the craziness only to be stuck in a winding maze of houses. At this point I was still making good time and figured I'd be there by 9:30.
I ended up back on the main street that I thought would take me where I needed to be until I realized I was heading too far south. I called Kat and asked her what the main intersection was and thought I'd be okay from there. I figured I'd get there at 9:45. I started going East because I knew that's where I need to be and couldn't find the street I was looking for. I finally hit one of the major highways and at this point I was stressed and fuming. I got on the highway and told myself I was going home unless I hit the street I need on the way. Lucky for me it was the next exit so I got off and made my way. I drove across only to pass the street I needed to turn onto after that. Seriously am I a loser or what? I turned around and finally hit the park.
Note: sometime in between me frantically driving and me going crazy, my phone dropped underneath the passenger seat so I could hear it ringing and beeping but couldn't get to it. Oh man...
End of story right?
Not quite... Parking was WAY WAY WAY in the back since everything was full. It was practically a 5k walk just to get to the starting line from my car. In any case I started to jog a bit to get to the starting line. I saw a man in running gear take what I thought was a short cut so I followed like the brainiac that I am. (You can stop laughing now... I know I'm an idiot haha). I ended up in the forest and could hear the music that was playing at the starting line so I figured I was close enough that I could just cross a bridge and be where I needed to be. NOPE! Too simple... there was a river and no bridge so I went all the way back around and took the long way to the start. The great part is that I got some extra exercise because I was jogging through the woods the entire time.
I finally got to the starting line with literally a minute to spare.
WHAT A JOKE!
This stuff only happens to me... seriously!
Thank you Kat, Andrea and Kate for keeping hope alive! haha I'm glad I made it because I had a wonderful time.
Since that story was so long I'll leave you with some pics from the race.








3 comments:
Haha, I'm really glad you made it too! :)
Also, I love that picture of me, I look like I'm running blissfully towards that beam of sun and am about to be taken by 'the Rapture' or some equally heavenly event! haha.
I wish I had known about this run. It would have been fun to meet the other Toronto bloggers whose blogs i stalk :)
Lol..i know we don't know each other but I can say that this story sounds EXACTLY like something I would have done!! Good for you for keeping at it and making it though, a success in the end. Looks like you had fun after all :o)
Post a Comment