Thursday, 7 January 2010

Yesterday it was my legs, today I can't feel my arms.

I'm writing this post at work before I go out to dinner with Erna merely to keep myself accountable.

We're heading out for dinner at Montana's for some girl talk. Yes, I have been out a lot lately and yes I plan to continue going out as much as I can.

I have 8 POINTS left for today and I plan on using 10 at dinner. I've already gone on Montana's website and looked up the nutritional information to see what options I had. I decided on the Feta Greek Salad with Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette + 2 Shrimp Skewers + Pot Roast Soup. I could easily keep this meal at 8 POINTS by eliminating the soup or the shrimp skewers but I'm willing to give them up for a little warmth and some protein.

Today's Menu looked like this:

B: Oatmeal (Day 4) with all bran buds, pumpkin seeds, coconut, pecans and crunchy almond butter.

S: Blackberries + Animal Crackers

L: Steamed Veggies and Potatoes + 1/2 Can of Tuna

S: Activia Yogurt

D: Montana's

In terms of activity, I shuffled my ass over to PowerFlex (strength training class with hand weights, weighted bars and stability balls) today only to realize how much I've been neglecting my upper body. I think I said the same thing when I was doing Booty Camp but I really need to get it together. I'm always so focused on my hips, butt and thighs (and yes I'm aware you can't spot reduce) that I neglect my arms. Let's just say I cannot lift my arms AT ALL!

Alright so there you have it. That was my day in a nutshell. I've posted my plans for dinner so there's no turning back. I will edit this post tonight to add the picture for proof.

Tootles!

*Edit*

Here you go... my camera died so here are blackberry pics.



3 comments:

♥AbbeyMaybe said...

Mmmmm that sounds delicious. I'm moving in with you so that I can eat all the delicious things that you post about! Gah!

Julia said...

I'm with Abbey. The meals you post about make me *drool!* This far along in my journey, I am terrified to eat "out." You and your blog help me to understand that you can eat at restaurants. . . if you choose wisely and do a little research.

Good luck with your arms. I have no upper body strength whatsoever!

Julia
http://jewliagoulia.blogspot.com

'Nelley said...

I never liked Montana's but I'm glad to hear they have some healthy type options. Go for the skewers, yes! lol! I'm no weight watcher but WW points definitely show me lighter/healthier meals.
good luck and keep up the good work!
Also, of course you can spot reduce! Its just a myth that you can't. if you worked out your upper body only for a month you would totally see some improvement in ur bi's, tri's and shoulders. I'm gonna try it for January for my lower body. I wanna spot reduce my thighs and gosh darn it, I'm gonna succeed! ;)